Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    What do you feel qualifies you to claim to be a 'nutritionist'?
    Do you make this claim due to the peer reviewed papers you have read? Courses you have done?
    Just unsure what has led you to think that you are a 'nutritionist'...?
    A nutritionist can be defined as a person who studies nutrition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    depends what they meant by "student".
    I am a nutritionist and can use critical thinking with mechanistic data analysis to help people.
    Well if we're going by definitions. Which you seem to love.

student:
    "a person who is studying at a university or another place of higher education"

are you studying nutrition at university or another place of higher education? No.

or
    "denoting someone who is studying in order to enter a particular profession"

are you studying something which will lead to a professional role as a nutritionist? No.

Therefore you are not a nutritionist.

You are not a nutritionist, you are horribly misinformed and have claimed completely false things in the thread in relation to nutrition and have made it very clear to anyone who actually understand these subjects that you don't have the faintest idea nor have you understood anything you have "researched". You are helping no one.

ReputationRep:
    What do you feel qualifies you to claim to be a 'nutritionist'?
    Do you make this claim due to the peer reviewed papers you have read? Courses you have done?
    Just unsure what has led you to think that you are a 'nutritionist'...?
    Delusion, it is delusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Well if we're going by definitions. Which you seem to love.

student:
    "a person who is studying at a university or another place of higher education"

are you studying nutrition at university or another place of higher education? No.

or
    "denoting someone who is studying in order to enter a particular profession"

are you studying something which will lead to a professional role as a nutritionist? No.

Therefore you are not a nutritionist.

You are not a nutritionist, you are horribly misinformed and have claimed completely false things in the thread in relation to nutrition and have made it very clear to anyone who actually understand these subjects that you don't have the faintest idea nor have you understood anything you have "researched". You are helping no one.
    You are incredibly stupid or just trying to wind me up. A nutritionist is someone who studies nutrition, but a student of nutrition. study: the devotion of time and attention to gaining knowledge of an academic subject, especially by means of books.

ReputationRep:
    You are incredibly stupid or just trying to wind me up. A nutritionist is someone who studies nutrition, but a student of nutrition. study: the devotion of time and attention to gaining knowledge of an academic subject, especially by means of books.
    The hilarious thing is if you actually genuinely studied nutrition you wouldn't be saying the complete misinformed and incorrect things you do.

Honestly mate people are laughing at you at this point, get a grip.

ChaoticButterfly btw I'm a physicist now because I watched Interstellar.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SophieSmall;[url="tel:63075537")
    63075537[/url]]Delusion, it is delusion.
    PRSOM

(Original post by GeologyMaths;[url="tel:63075407")
    63075407[/url]]A nutritionist can be defined as a person who studies nutrition.
    That wasn't my question. I meant in what ways do YOU 'study nutrition'? Reading articles? Attended a course? Etc.
    I strongly disagree with your definition of a 'nutritionist' but that wasn't my point.

So i, SophieSmall , Angry cucumber et al are all 'nutritionists' by your definition.... I don't think we are. I would certainly never claim to be (i can only speak for myself here).

(Original post by GeologyMaths;[url="tel:63075373")
    63075373[/url]]I started at 16 at 90kg of mostly fat. Went up to 110kg (have pics), and got back down to 88-90kg with abs and at 10% (have pics). So i am 10% bf and i am definately not a power lifter physique and can bench 120kg. I cycle now mostly but i'm not looking to build muscle so i'm not sure why you said cycling will inhibit "gains". I dont track macros because it does not make sense; tell me any kenyan marathon runner that track their macros, and they win races everytime.
    Ok so 90kg at say 18% bf was your starting point (you have visible ab definition until about 15% as a reference point, maybe a bit lower for non-lifters but still leanish).

You put on 20kg in what? A year/14months... So just short of 1.5kg a month. Almost a pound a week.
    Not a bad surplus to gain but that will bring fat gains.

I'd say a GOOD 5kg (Minimum) will have been fat.

So you were at 18% bf (being nice) so at 110kg at 6'0 you would surely be well over 20%.

Then apparently you have cut in only 6 months, 20kg. To just 10% bf.
    Must have been averaging 3kg a month. That's almost 2lbs per week, without tracking calories!
    Also, it must almost ALL have been fat.

You will have lost significant strength on such a cut.

Then there is your claim of still benching 120kg.
    You would have been benching like 150kg in order to still bench 120kg after cutting so hard.

Bro, it doesn't add up.

ReputationRep:
    The hilarious thing is if you actually genuinely studied nutrition you wouldn't be saying the complete misinformed and incorrect things you do.

Honestly mate people are laughing at you at this point, get a grip.

A physicist is a scientist trained to understand the interactions of matter and energy across the physical universe.

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM

That wasn't my question. I meant in what ways do YOU 'study nutrition'? Reading articles? Attended a course? Etc.
    I strongly disagree with your definition of a 'nutritionist' but that wasn't my point.

So i, SophieSmall, Angry Cucumber et al are all 'nutritionists' by your definition.... I don't think we are. I would certainly bever claim to be (i can only speak for myself here).

Ok so 90kg at say 18% bf was your starting point (you have visible ab definition until about 15% as a reference point, maybe a bit lower for non-lifters but still leanish).

You put on 20kg in what? A year/14months... So just short of 1.5kg a month. Almost a pound a week.
    Not a bad surplus to gain but that will bring fat gains.

I'd say a GOOD 5kg (Minimum) will have been fat.

So you were at 18% bf (being nice) so at 110kg at 6'0 you would surely be well over 20%.

Then apparently you have cut in only 6 months, 20kg. To just 10% bf.
    Must have been averaging 3kg a month. That's almost 2lbs per week!

You will have lost significant strength on such a severe cut.

Then there is your claim of still benching 120kg.
    You would have been benching like 150kg in order to still bench 120kg after cutting so hard.

Bro, it doesn't add up.
    The funny thing is i can prove it
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    The funny thing is i can prove it
    And yet you don't show any of your proof

Funny that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A physicist is a scientist trained to understand the interactions of matter and energy across the physical universe.
    we can all find a definition to suit our argument, doesn;t make the argument correcct.

If you are a nutritionist then am I nutritionist too? You know considering it's covered in my degree and I study it/ research into it?

Or are only you the special snowflake who can claim to be something they're not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    And yet you don't show any of your proof

Funny that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've proofed in another thread my bf% at 90kg
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GeologyMaths;[url="tel:63075953")
    63075953[/url]]The funny thing is i can prove it
    You can't.
    Where is your 120kg bench?

Surely you were benching more than 120kg at a bodyweight of 110kg?

Oh no wait.... You are SERIOUSLY telling me your bench improved/maintained while your body weight fell from 110kg to 90kg.

Please stop lying.

WoodyMKC Bro, you reading this?
    This guys bench maintained (or improved) while he cut for 6 months and lost 20kg.

ReputationRep:
    we can all find a definition to suit our argument, doesn;t make the argument correcct.

If you are a nutritionist then am I nutritionist too? You know considering it's covered in my degree and I study it/ research into it?

Or are only you the special snowflake who can claim to be something they're not?
    If you study nutrition at university level, then i worry for you sincerely
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    I've proofed in another thread my bf% at 90kg
    I'm sure you post it again or link it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You're probs just as qualified as me to talk about general relativity.

ReputationRep:
    If you study nutrition at university level, then i worry for you sincerely
    Ah you deflected the question. Why am I not surprised?

ReputationRep:
    You can't.

Oh no wait.... You are SERIOUSLY telling me your bench improved/maintained while your body weight fell from 110kg to 90kg.

Please stop lying.

but he "proofed" it. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You can't.

Please stop lying.
    No i actually improved at strength when i cut. The fatter you get, the more fatigue metabolites you produce. I lost minimal amounts of muscle during my cut given the amount of fat i had pre-cut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You're probs just as qualified as me to talk about general relativity.
    Dammit Dan trying to prove a point here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Depends entirely on the exercise selection, amount of reps/sets done, the weight used, the muscle mass of the lifter etc.

Deadlift is a 'whole body' exercise whatever that means. Uses a lot of muscle to get that weight off the floor. Burns more calories than a bicep curl, that's for sure. There probably isn't that many people on this forum that could deadlift 175kg for 4 sets of 8 reps. To think that lifting that much weight for 32 reps only burns 100 kcal?
    That is pretty uncommonly high volume though. I mean my first instinct is that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.