Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GeologyMaths;[url="tel:63076185")
    63076185[/url]]No i actually improved at strength when i cut. The fatter you get, the more fatigue metabolites you produce. I lost minimal amounts of muscle during my cut given the amount of fat i had pre-cut
    The last sentence would apply to beginners with weak lifts. Not to someone with a 120kg Bench and whatever you Squat (was it not about 150kg?) and 200kg Deadlift.

The first part of your reply...... I'll let other people analyse. Angry cucumber, you gained a lot of 'fat metabolities' when you bulked up. You need to cut to get your lifts up mate
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    but he "proofed" it. :rofl:
    Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    I support the idiot's right to call himself a nutritionist. Ben Goldacre wrote in his book Bad Science that everyone should call themselves a nutritionist because it diminishes the credibility of the scammers out there.

But yeah everyone here is a better nutritionist than GeologyMaths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    The last sentence would apply to non-lifters with below average lifts. Not to someone with a 120kg Bench and whatever you Squat (was it not about 150kg?) and 200kg Deadlift.

The first part of your reply...... I'll let other people analyse. Angry cucumber, you gained a lot of 'fat metabolities' when you bulked up. You need to cut to get your lifts up mate
    It's different for everyone. You are not understanding what i'm saying. If you bench 100 at 70kg, you'll be able to do significantly more at 100kg (say 160). As you muscle/weight ratio improves, your body will be more efficient at glucose-derived ATP production, so you will be able to bench more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I support the idiot's right to call himself a nutritionist. Ben Goldacre wrote in his book Bad Science that everyone should call themselves a nutritionist because it diminishes the credibility of the scammers out there.

But yeah everyone here is a better nutritionist than GeologyMaths.
    State one of my claims which you disagree with and i will back it with nechansitic data analysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    State one of my claims which you disagree with and i will back it with nechansitic data analysis
    The claim that you know a lot about nutrition is definitely the main one I disagree with.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GeologyMaths;[url="tel:63076523")
    63076523[/url]]It's different for everyone. You are not understanding what i'm saying. If you bench 100 at 70kg, you'll be able to do significantly more at 100kg (say 160). As you muscle/weight ratio improves, your body will be more efficient at glucose-derived ATP production, so you will be able to bench more.
    I agree as a person's weight and muscle increases so would their lifts.

That has NOTHING to do with cutting and how your strength improved during a significant cut of reasonable duration...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    I agree as a person's weight and muscle increases so would their lifts.

That has NOTHING to do with cutting and how your strength improved during a significant cut of reasonable duration...
    Muscle to weight ratio improved. Do you have problems?

ReputationRep:
    So you can bench press 160 if you weigh 100, 100 if you weigh 70, and losing weight helps your bench press because glycolysis is somehow relevant for 1RM strength now???

ReputationRep:
    This thread :rofl:
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Thread is now back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Thread is now back
    lol just watch him not bother any more now that he has his own thread to chat nonsense in.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GeologyMaths;[url="tel:63076743")
    63076743[/url]]Muscle to weight ratio improved. Do you have problems?
    No, i don't have problems.

Yes, being 110kg and benching 120kg (1.1BW) then losing 20kg and benching say 105kg would be a better BW to bench ratio.

This is NOT what i was saying. It is increadibly obvious what i was arguing if you read back.

I don't buy that you went from 90kg (not thin) to 110kg and then cut to 90kg at 10% bf.
    But if i did.....
    How can your bench not change from when you were 110kg to 90kg.

It is NOT about ratio. It is about strength.
    You cannot bench 120kg.

Nor are you a 'nutritionist'.

Nor are you a semi-pro cyclist.

Doubt you are 90kg at 10% either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.