Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in a well paid job, but want to get into the fitness industry. Currently doing the qualifications. One things that I fear is the drop in salary as the fitness indnustry isn't that well paid in comparison.

I don't hate my current job but i'm not like 'yeah let's go for it' when going to work currently. I still get the dreaded Sunday evening feeling.

I don't want to keep hopping jobs as i've completed a few internships and left one full time role before. I fear if I leave the current industry i'm in i'll regret it, yet I want to do my fitness business.

Any advice?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in a well paid job, but want to get into the fitness industry. Currently doing the qualifications. One things that I fear is the drop in salary as the fitness indnustry isn't that well paid in comparison.

I don't hate my current job but i'm not like 'yeah let's go for it' when going to work currently. I still get the dreaded Sunday evening feeling.

I don't want to keep hopping jobs as i've completed a few internships and left one full time role before. I fear if I leave the current industry i'm in i'll regret it, yet I want to do my fitness business.

Any advice?
    **** the money, when you do a job that you love the money will find you. Work towards your fitness business and keep working your way up. Next thing you know your Sunday nights will be filled with excitement for the week ahead in the job you've always wanted. Good luck, don't ever settle.

True, I find the pressure from parents have an effect on me too. They say they're supportive in whatever I do, but I know deep down they want me to stay in a stable career.

ReputationRep:
    True, I find the pressure from parents have an effect on me too. They say they're supportive in whatever I do, but I know deep down they want me to stay in a stable career.
    Seriously forget the money. Ultimately you've got to make a decision, do you work in a job that you're not 100% committed to and don't fully enjoy, but the money is better? Or do you work in a field that you really want to work in, and you will be doing what you love? But the money is a little less? (Not many people get to do what they love for a career) I wanted to be a racing driver growing up, classic boys dream. After realising what it takes to get into it (money, sponsors, connections etc) it dawned that it probably wasn't possible. So I am now attempting to get into another field I love, photography. Good luck in whatever you choose to do though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by samkent6)
    Seriously forget the money. Ultimately you've got to make a decision, do you work in a job that you're not 100% committed to and don't fully enjoy, but the money is better? Or do you work in a field that you really want to work in, and you will be doing what you love? But the money is a little less? (Not many people get to do what they love for a career) I wanted to be a racing driver growing up, classic boys dream. After realising what it takes to get into it (money, sponsors, connections etc) it dawned that it probably wasn't possible. So I am now attempting to get into another field I love, photography. Good luck in whatever you choose to do though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Appreciate this. Thank you very much.

I'm the same, i was at uni for 2 years until i broke down and told my parents i couldnt do it anymore (i had only stayed because its what they wanted) but to my surprise they were nothing but supportive when i did choose to leave, now im studying something else and i couldnt be happier. I know its not exactly the same because im talking about studies rather than a job but you get the jist. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate,

I'm in the same position as you in a way! I live to train in the gym and currently not attending at uni because my course is a waste of time and been wanting to pursue a career in fitness or coaching... I recently also left what I'd say is a 'dead end job' because I was unhappy there. Difficult mate but 100% do what you love and are happy doing!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.