Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cricket Asia Cup 2016 Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

People may continue to under-rate Bangladesh but this team is coming together nicely over the years. A lot of these players are the same players who were battered around the world as youngsters but now they are coming into their prime.

Another step by reaching the final

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to Bangladesh, they've improved a lot in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    Mahmudullah <333 so under rated!!!

ReputationRep:
    lmfao

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan cricket is finished.

I said this a year ago and people assumed I'm Indian.

There is no hope for the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    Pakistan cricket is finished.

I said this a year ago and people assumed I'm Indian.

There is no hope for the future.
    Need to play your home games in your country then the standard will rise And you will be back to where Imran, Wasim and Waqar put you

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Kohli-in-2016.png
Views: 35
Size:  374.2 KB
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Kind of feel sorry for the UAE after what happened today :lol: But the I'm all for the ICC's strategy to make world cricket even more competitive :yep:

(Original post by raman_17)
    Name:  Kohli-in-2016.png
Views: 35
Size:  374.2 KB
    An average of just under 63 (if my mental arithmetic serves me correctly ). Not too bad at all :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Kind of feel sorry for the UAE after what happened today :lol: But the I'm all for the ICC's strategy to make world cricket even more competitive :yep:

An average of just under 63 (if my mental arithmetic serves me correctly ). Not too bad at all :yep:
    My cousin is on the U19 UAE team and he always tells me how, even though he regularly experiences defeat when playing against world class teams, he absolutely loves his spot on the team. Because imagine just being a normal kid and getting the chance to play against world champions-to-be. It must be a brilliant experience. Same goes for the UAE normal team.

I'm sure they have loved this tournament and will go home to their families with lovely stories to tell. Remember many of these lower down cricket team players (UAE) have normal jobs as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    xxxx
    How do you rate Pakistan's chances in the WT20 after the performance in the Asia Cup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    How do you rate Pakistan's chances in the WT20 after the performance in the Asia Cup?
    If they actually make it to the tournament despite the PCB being full of drama queens threatening to pull out, then I'm sure we will be kicked out very soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    If they actually make it to the tournament despite the PCB being full of drama queens threatening to pull out, then I'm sure we will be kicked out very soon...
    Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully, you don't get pulled out of it though. The tournament will be much better with a team like Pakistan (no matter how badly you are playing right now :lol:).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    My cousin is on the U19 UAE team and he always tells me how, even though he regularly experiences defeat when playing against world class teams, he absolutely loves his spot on the team. Because imagine just being a normal kid and getting the chance to play against world champions-to-be. It must be a brilliant experience. Same goes for the UAE normal team.

I'm sure they have loved this tournament and will go home to their families with lovely stories to tell. Remember many of these lower down cricket team players (UAE) have normal jobs as well
    Wow :eek: And that's true! :yep:

These teams are doing their best to improve so he could potentially be a big name in the future :awesome:

On the basis of what I've read in the news recently, I don't think they'll pull out. I understand that they're just waiting for security assurances from the Indian government :yes:

I'm particularly looking forward to the big clash on the 19th

ReputationRep:

Yup not bad rom the best player .............. Currently out there!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow :eek: And that's true! :yep:

These teams are doing their best to improve so he could potentially be a big name in the future :awesome:

On the basis of what I've read in the news recently, I don't think they'll pull out. I understand that they're just waiting for security assurances from the Indian government :yes:

I'm particularly looking forward to the big clash on the 19th
    I agree - I hope so!

And yes, best of luck
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully, you don't get pulled out of it though. The tournament will be much better with a team like Pakistan (no matter how badly you are playing right now :lol:).
    I agree

Needless to say that I fancy our chances

I agree - I hope so!

And yes, best of luck
    To you too! I'm hoping for a good game more than anything else

ReputationRep:
    I agree

Needless to say that I fancy our chances

To you too! I'm hoping for a good game more than anything else
    As am I :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think my team is VERY unpredictable. If I am to be logical, I would say not good chances for Pakistan in T20. However, my dil says #GoGreensGo! Overall, I think I can't say anything as Pakistani team is not predictable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    I think my team is VERY unpredictable. If I am to be logical, I would say not good chances for Pakistan in T20. However, my dil says #GoGreensGo! Overall, I think I can't say anything as Pakistani team is not predictable
    Yeahh, that's fair enough. Big tournaments need an unpredictable team like Pakistan to make it more interesting, so hope they improve their level in the WT20 (a little, at least ).
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Lyrical Prodigy would you mind changing the title of this thread based on the above? Thank you so much!
    Sorry, haven't been online. Does it still need changing or you're good? :cute:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.