Indeterminate
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
True that, we fell short even with 120 on the board. Well done :yep:

P.S. It's really nice to see such good-spirited cricket fans here like you guys - it's really bad on social media, particularly Facebook, with disgusting name-calling and such.
At the end of the day, it's just a game :yep: A lot of people seem to take it far too seriously, though
erfanullah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you guys any websites where these matches can be viewed in good quality for free ?
BrokenLife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Indeterminate)
Thanks

And I admire your optimism
No worries
Hahah tbh the way our team has played, I admire my optimism too
Ayman!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Student403)
You should see what it's like in India. Not so much Pakistan cause we're used to losing. But people sometimes hold protests burning pictures of the players on live TV :rofl:
While I do find that funny, a large portion of the Bangladeshi fans are just as bad - Shakib is being called India's 12th man even though the guy won us so many matches before! Proud of Shabbir though, I think he won man of the tournament?

At the end of the day, it's just a game :yep: A lot of people seem to take it far too seriously, though
And at the end of the day, you're making money off of the game, seeing as you own a big name IPL team :rofl:

I just can't get enough of these SRK references
welcometoib
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be fair we were almost knocked out of the 1992 World Cup in the round robin stage..
hearing 40 year old pakistanis using 25 years ago as an excuse for the crap team being witnessed today doesnt hold anymore sadly, miracles is not how to win consistently, treating cricket like a job is the way to, which the whole team barring amir doesnt do.
Student403
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
While I do find that funny, a large portion of the Bangladeshi fans are just as bad - Shakib is being called India's 12th man even though the guy won us so many matches before! Proud of Shabbir though, I think he won man of the tournament?

And at the end of the day, you're making money off of the game, seeing as you own a big name IPL team :rofl:

Urgh that's terrible. Shakib is a national hero and people need to acknowledge that. Everyone has a bad day. I remember when they stupidly bowled Saeed Ajmal at the death against Australia. Naturally we lost because of a bad decision like that, yet people blamed Saeed Ajmal for the loss when you shouldn't be bowling a spinner at the death. Poor guy even cried.. :cry2: He's such a nice player!

Yes Sabbir was very good
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by welcometoib)
hearing 40 year old pakistanis using 25 years ago as an excuse for the crap team being witnessed today doesnt hold anymore sadly, miracles is not how to win consistently, treating cricket like a job is the way to, which the whole team barring amir doesnt do.
Hey - I'm not defending the performance overall by any means. I'm just saying it is possible
Indeterminate
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

:lol:

You won't be surprised to hear that I am a KKR supporter

(Original post by BrokenLife)
No worries
Hahah tbh the way our team has played, I admire my optimism too
Haha but the 19th should be an interesting day

Good luck
BrokenLife
Rep:
?
:lol:

You won't be surprised to hear that I am a KKR supporter

Haha but the 19th should be an interesting day

Good luck
Haha ikr but Indeterminate, let me say this before, whether Pak wins or India, I win in both situations so I'll be a winner anyway

Thank you! And to you too
BlindingLight
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dhoni is an ATG.

India deserves the trophy.
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BlindingLight)
Dhoni is an ATG.

India deserves the trophy.
ATG?
BlindingLight
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ATG?
All time great.
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BlindingLight)
All time great.
Aha okay
BrokenLife
Rep:
?
:facepalm:get whooped by bangladesh and india, yet will win the WT20? you should run for PM with that much optimism sis

How many times have we lost against Bangladesh? Losing from Bangladesh was a shock, right? Well, they can give us another shock any time by winning WT20 too, bro.

My strategy is never say never. The kind of unpredictable team we have, anything can happen. And with optimism and courage, they can win! If you don't believe that you can win this, you eventually won't.
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Great win for India! Bring on the WT20!

Posted from TSR Mobile
BrokenLife
Rep:
?
(Original post by moment of truth)
Great win for India! Bring on the WT20!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done to your team, moment!

And yes, bring on the WT20!

Pakistan, that is.
welcometoib
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BrokenLife)

How many times have we lost against Bangladesh? Losing from Bangladesh was a shock, right? Well, they can give us another shock any time by winning WT20 too, bro.

My strategy is never say never. The kind of unpredictable team we have, anything can happen. And with optimism and courage, they can win! If you don't believe that you can win this, you eventually won't.
are you trolling sis? bangla beat pak 3-0 last year in a odi series, then 2-0 in the t20 series... pak beating bang is the shock now lol.

sigh, ok. will pak pass the group stage? india is in the same group
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
are you trolling sis? bangla beat pak 3-0 last year in a odi series, then 2-0 in the t20 series... pak beating bang is the shock now lol.

hopefully they've learnt their lesson from this tournament..
Spoiler:
Show
fire the selectors pls?
BrokenLife
Rep:
?

Firstly, cool down, bro. Its only games.

Secondly, this is my issue with many Pakistani fans that I know even in reality that they are extremely negative about Pakistani team. Surely, its understandable to some extent given the kind of performances they've been giving in the past couple of years. However, the kind of person I am, I always try to look at the positive side. I know that Pakistani team has shocked me many times when I did not expect anything of them and when I did expect of them. My personal view on this is to be positive. Surely, be critical as that's required to be progressive. But never lose hope.

The way Bangladeshi team progressed in the past couple of years was not something many of us expected considering their performances from a long time. I'm sure they were positive and worked hard hence their performances have been good.

Also, don't forget all those times when Pakistani team made us proud. I'm sorry but fans with negativity makes me angry so much! Be critical but hopeful!
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Get the mind right, the body will follow, you lose some battles in life, but if you always put your heart and passion forward first as your main objective, you will win the war, that’s what gives you the strength to get off the ground… and do it again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (77)
29.96%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.2%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.84%

Watched Threads