Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cricket Asia Cup 2016 Thread Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    True that, we fell short even with 120 on the board. Well done :yep:

P.S. It's really nice to see such good-spirited cricket fans here like you guys - it's really bad on social media, particularly Facebook, with disgusting name-calling and such.
    At the end of the day, it's just a game :yep: A lot of people seem to take it far too seriously, though

ReputationRep:
    do you guys any websites where these matches can be viewed in good quality for free ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Thanks

And I admire your optimism
    No worries
    Hahah tbh the way our team has played, I admire my optimism too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    You should see what it's like in India. Not so much Pakistan cause we're used to losing. But people sometimes hold protests burning pictures of the players on live TV :rofl:
    While I do find that funny, a large portion of the Bangladeshi fans are just as bad - Shakib is being called India's 12th man even though the guy won us so many matches before! Proud of Shabbir though, I think he won man of the tournament?

At the end of the day, it's just a game :yep: A lot of people seem to take it far too seriously, though
    And at the end of the day, you're making money off of the game, seeing as you own a big name IPL team :rofl:

I just can't get enough of these SRK references

ReputationRep:
    To be fair we were almost knocked out of the 1992 World Cup in the round robin stage..
    hearing 40 year old pakistanis using 25 years ago as an excuse for the crap team being witnessed today doesnt hold anymore sadly, miracles is not how to win consistently, treating cricket like a job is the way to, which the whole team barring amir doesnt do.

ReputationRep:
    While I do find that funny, a large portion of the Bangladeshi fans are just as bad - Shakib is being called India's 12th man even though the guy won us so many matches before! Proud of Shabbir though, I think he won man of the tournament?

And at the end of the day, you're making money off of the game, seeing as you own a big name IPL team :rofl:

Urgh that's terrible. Shakib is a national hero and people need to acknowledge that. Everyone has a bad day. I remember when they stupidly bowled Saeed Ajmal at the death against Australia. Naturally we lost because of a bad decision like that, yet people blamed Saeed Ajmal for the loss when you shouldn't be bowling a spinner at the death. Poor guy even cried.. :cry2: He's such a nice player!

Yes Sabbir was very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    hearing 40 year old pakistanis using 25 years ago as an excuse for the crap team being witnessed today doesnt hold anymore sadly, miracles is not how to win consistently, treating cricket like a job is the way to, which the whole team barring amir doesnt do.
    Hey - I'm not defending the performance overall by any means. I'm just saying it is possible
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

:lol:

You won't be surprised to hear that I am a KKR supporter

(Original post by BrokenLife)
    No worries
    Hahah tbh the way our team has played, I admire my optimism too
    Haha but the 19th should be an interesting day

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

You won't be surprised to hear that I am a KKR supporter

Haha but the 19th should be an interesting day

Good luck
    Haha ikr but Indeterminate, let me say this before, whether Pak wins or India, I win in both situations so I'll be a winner anyway

Thank you! And to you too

ReputationRep:
    Dhoni is an ATG.

India deserves the trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    Dhoni is an ATG.

India deserves the trophy.
    ATG?

ReputationRep:
    ATG?
    All time great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    All time great.
    Aha okay

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:get whooped by bangladesh and india, yet will win the WT20? you should run for PM with that much optimism sis

How many times have we lost against Bangladesh? Losing from Bangladesh was a shock, right? Well, they can give us another shock any time by winning WT20 too, bro.

My strategy is never say never. The kind of unpredictable team we have, anything can happen. And with optimism and courage, they can win! If you don't believe that you can win this, you eventually won't.

ReputationRep:
    Great win for India! Bring on the WT20!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Great win for India! Bring on the WT20!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done to your team, moment!

And yes, bring on the WT20!

Pakistan, that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)

How many times have we lost against Bangladesh? Losing from Bangladesh was a shock, right? Well, they can give us another shock any time by winning WT20 too, bro.

My strategy is never say never. The kind of unpredictable team we have, anything can happen. And with optimism and courage, they can win! If you don't believe that you can win this, you eventually won't.
    are you trolling sis? bangla beat pak 3-0 last year in a odi series, then 2-0 in the t20 series... pak beating bang is the shock now lol.

sigh, ok. will pak pass the group stage? india is in the same group

ReputationRep:
    are you trolling sis? bangla beat pak 3-0 last year in a odi series, then 2-0 in the t20 series... pak beating bang is the shock now lol.

hopefully they've learnt their lesson from this tournament..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fire the selectors pls?

ReputationRep:

Firstly, cool down, bro. Its only games.

Secondly, this is my issue with many Pakistani fans that I know even in reality that they are extremely negative about Pakistani team. Surely, its understandable to some extent given the kind of performances they've been giving in the past couple of years. However, the kind of person I am, I always try to look at the positive side. I know that Pakistani team has shocked me many times when I did not expect anything of them and when I did expect of them. My personal view on this is to be positive. Surely, be critical as that's required to be progressive. But never lose hope.

The way Bangladeshi team progressed in the past couple of years was not something many of us expected considering their performances from a long time. I'm sure they were positive and worked hard hence their performances have been good.

Also, don't forget all those times when Pakistani team made us proud. I'm sorry but fans with negativity makes me angry so much! Be critical but hopeful!

ReputationRep:

Get the mind right, the body will follow, you lose some battles in life, but if you always put your heart and passion forward first as your main objective, you will win the war, that’s what gives you the strength to get off the ground… and do it again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.