Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Iam in Liverpool for more than 2 weeks, trying to find any type of job. Iam searching for a job in cleaning, warehouse, retail any other one you name it.
    I have already applied 150+ job offers not even half of them replied. Getting a job in supermarket is like a dream job. I cant even get a job in KFC or Mcdonald. I have registered myself in many agencies and I have used all the job websites no bloody result is coming.
    I really dont know what to do. Iam completely depressed and without no hope.
    If you know any job offers in Liverpool or near by please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aditya008)
    Iam in Liverpool for more than 2 weeks, trying to find any type of job. Iam searching for a job in cleaning, warehouse, retail any other one you name it.
    I have already applied 150+ job offers not even half of them replied. Getting a job in supermarket is like a dream job. I cant even get a job in KFC or Mcdonald. I have registered myself in many agencies and I have used all the job websites no bloody result is coming.
    I really dont know what to do. Iam completely depressed and without no hope.
    If you know any job offers in Liverpool or near by please let me know.
    Are you from a different country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Are you from a different country?
    Yes, Im from India. Is this the problem being a foreigner?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure tbh maybe :/ hope you manage to find something in the end

ReputationRep:
    Create a good cv and send it to as many places as you can.

ReputationRep:
    It would be illegal for employers to refuse your application because you're not British. Just make sure you have the correct documents to work in the UK, your applications are gramatically correct, and if invited to interview make sure you perform well (eye contact, handshakes...).

Best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sernobrega)
    You're a ****ing genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You're a ****ing genius.
    It is implied on my post that she probably doesn't have a cv good enough for the job she's applying.
    Dude, chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)
    It would be illegal for employers to refuse your application because you're not British. Just make sure you have the correct documents to work in the UK, your applications are gramatically correct, and if invited to interview make sure you perform well (eye contact, handshakes...).

Best of luck to you.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)

Best of luck to you.
    I do have documents which allows me to work in UK and I think my CV is pretty good without any gramatical mistake. Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    It is implied on my post that she probably doesn't have a cv good enough for the job she's applying.
    Dude, chill
    Iam a male and I think I have a pretty good CV and my wife got a solid good CV (Psychologist, Librarian 2 master degrees) and she didnt get even one interview.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I really think I have a good CV. I have experience in customer care service sector.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do you have the right to work in the UK?

Cant see how you cna do 150 applications in 2 weeks or rather cant see how they cna have been of much quality. Get someone to look at your applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Do you have the right to work in the UK?

Cant see how you cna do 150 applications in 2 weeks or rather cant see how they cna have been of much quality. Get someone to look at your applications.
    I have EEA family permit. I did applied that many applications I applied for waiter, sales assistant/retail assistant, porter, kitchen assistant, cleaner, warehouse operative, telecaller and many other positions. Almost for all of them I wrote a different cover letter.

ReputationRep:
    150+ declines means you are doing something wrong...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Impossible to say without having someone look at your applications. Take it to your uni careers service. Sounds like some of the basics are wrong, but they cna check.
    How old are you?
    What experience do you have?

ReputationRep:
    have you actually had 150 'no' responses? It might be that some of them just haven't got back to you yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    have you actually had 150 'no' responses? It might be that some of them just haven't got back to you yet
    No, Less than 20 people have replied back saying that I got rejected. Others didnt even reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Impossible to say without having someone look at your applications. Take it to your uni careers service. Sounds like some of the basics are wrong, but they cna check.
    How old are you?
    What experience do you have?
    Im 22 and I have experience in customer care service.

ReputationRep:
    Guys today finally I have an interview. I applied for a sales assistant job position in a gift shop. I hope I will get selected. Wish me good Luck please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.