Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I had a pretty crap year last year as my brother passed away... I became depressed, ended up missing a lot of uni and got extensions on pretty much everything and just scraped a 2.1 (first year). This year I got off to a better start but I had a hand injury in December and got extensions on my coursework then.

As of the beginning of this month, I was diagnosed with depression again and am back on ADs. Up until this month I was ok but, as a result of isolation and overworking myself, I feel as though I am having a mental breakdown. My late brother's birthday is today, I have an assignment due in tomorrow and I just can't get focused. I went to the library this morning but ended up crying there so I came home. I had coursework due in over the last few weeks which I managed to hand in on time, and I really really just want to get this done and out of the way but I can't bring myself to do it. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I also don't know if this would count as extenuating circumstances. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through , I can't imagine what its like.
    I think you need to immediately contact your course administrator (Monday), and tell them what is going on and how you are struggling with your mental health at the moment.
    Your situation is certainly extenuating circumstances.
    In the meantime, try to do whatever you want this weekend. Maybe exercise and take a complete weekend off from studying. Or try again at the library, but don't feel as though you have to be productive.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you this is reassuring

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.