Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi is it legal for my mum to spend child tax credit on bills, running the home etc. Because is child tax credit spossed to be spent on buy clothes, poket money, school things, trips etc
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It's her money to spend on what she wants. Those bills directly benefit you.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi is it legal for my mum to spend child tax credit on bills, running the home etc. Because is child tax credit spossed to be spent on buy clothes, poket money, school things, trips etc
    It's money for your upkeep such as feeding you and keeping you watered and yes clothes, not for pocket money or school trips which aren't necessities so not illegal in any way.

ReputationRep:
    Your mum is a lucky lady...

ReputationRep:
    No it's not illegal at all. The money is to help provide necessities for you which are not always material. Bills are included as they directly effect you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I could see the OPs point if their mum was spending the money on dugs and alcohol, which obviously isn't the case here.

ReputationRep:
    luckily my dad has been saving mine for me, he's never spend it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.