Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So a week ago I had my cartilage pierced twice, two studs vertically next to each other on my ear. It was done in a tattoo shop, but with a gun.

They hurt for a day after, and since have been okay. However I think the backs are on too tightly and not giving my ear adequate room to heal. I've purchased a simple silver stud for one hole, and silver hoop for the other. I'm wondering if it is worth swapping the piercing now? Judging by the look (and price), I'd say the current studs in my ears are some sort of metal (dark grey in colour ?), but not silver like my replacements.
    I've heard the reason why they shouldn't be changed is because the piercing earring is thicker.. but I think once I put the silver earrings in, I probably won't change them, so do I really need to make sure the hole is large enough, because if these earrings fit then they probably won't come out.

I'm preparing myself for the wave of fierce comments about using a gun.. please remember its my ear and my naive decision, so if we can swiftly move past that without any stress that'd be great.

ReputationRep:
    A gun, you say? Must be a pretty big hole if someone shot a bullet through your ear, you had a plug put in I'm guessing???

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    So, if you take your ear, and put it just at the end here... thank you.

ReputationRep:
    dark grey sounds like titanium which they should be piercing with, so at least they got the jewellery material right. is it a butterfly backed stud? it should be a straight barbell with a longish post (like 1.5cmish) but I don't think they use those with guns.

in any case don't put the hoop in, get two of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Titanium-Int...nium+helix+bar
    a hoop will move about a bit more dragging the crusties and dirt into your ear and damaging the healing process

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.