Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No it isn't worth transferring based on that. Lancaster is just another average university, it is not better than Kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    No it isn't worth transferring based on that. Lancaster is just another average university, it is not better than Kent.
    Lancaster is a top 10 university and Kent is not, so I would not call it average.

But to some degree he is right, I wouldn't transfer just to say you went to a top 10 university. Look into quality of life you would have at both as well as employment rates for your course at both.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Yellow2914)
    Lancaster is a top 10 university and Kent is not, so I would not call it average.
    It really isn't a top 10 university, it is distinctly average.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The rankings you refer to are meaningless. A level requirements are not an indicator of prestige or quality, just popularity.

ReputationRep:
    The rankings you refer to are meaningless. A level requirements are not an indicator of prestige or quality, just popularity.
    What is your reasoning for labeling Lancaster as average?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just that it isn't a name I find impressive, and I doubt anyone else does either. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree with it.

ReputationRep:
    Just that it isn't a name I find impressive, and I doubt anyone else does either. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree with it.
    Even if you don't find the name impressive, I can hardly see a reason to call it average.

With over a 120 universities, surely around 60 is average. are you are downgrading a top 10 university to 60th in your mind? :P

You are right though, basing a university on A level requirements, popularity or ranking is not a great idea. I personally would look at employment for your course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.