Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    No it isn't worth transferring based on that. Lancaster is just another average university, it is not better than Kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    No it isn't worth transferring based on that. Lancaster is just another average university, it is not better than Kent.
    Lancaster is a top 10 university and Kent is not, so I would not call it average.

But to some degree he is right, I wouldn't transfer just to say you went to a top 10 university. Look into quality of life you would have at both as well as employment rates for your course at both.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Yellow2914)
    Lancaster is a top 10 university and Kent is not, so I would not call it average.
    It really isn't a top 10 university, it is distinctly average.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The rankings you refer to are meaningless. A level requirements are not an indicator of prestige or quality, just popularity.

ReputationRep:
    The rankings you refer to are meaningless. A level requirements are not an indicator of prestige or quality, just popularity.
    What is your reasoning for labeling Lancaster as average?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just that it isn't a name I find impressive, and I doubt anyone else does either. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree with it.

ReputationRep:
    Just that it isn't a name I find impressive, and I doubt anyone else does either. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree with it.
    Even if you don't find the name impressive, I can hardly see a reason to call it average.

With over a 120 universities, surely around 60 is average. are you are downgrading a top 10 university to 60th in your mind? :P

You are right though, basing a university on A level requirements, popularity or ranking is not a great idea. I personally would look at employment for your course.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.