Hi guys, I have received offers from the University of Edinburgh and King's College London to do English language next year. I really struggle to choose between them.
Reasons for choosing KCL
1. I have got friends in London which means it is way easier to meet them. I might also rent a house with them. It takes 4 hours+ to travel from Edinburgh to London.
2. The course seems to have a focus on teaching english as a second language in which I am particularly interested.
3. I want to speak in a London accent rather than a Scottish accent. Besides, I am not sure if I can comprehend Scottish accent well enough...
4. It seems that the general reputation of KCL is better than Edinburgh
5. It only takes 3 years to get a BA at KCL comparing to 4 years at Edinburgh.
Reasons for choosing Edinburgh
1. The lingusitics department ranks 1st in the UK and 3rd in the world.
2. I have had a look at the course structure and course plan which are really well-structured. Combined with the Youtube videos uploaded by the department, there is no doubt about the competence and resources of the professors and the department.
3. The facilties are much better than KCL - including the buildings, libaries, lecture halls, etc.
Thank you very much for your help!!!
Who do you think it is...