Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you're a Muslim and you don't pray 5 times a day; you do know you're going to hell, right?

I think its quite silly to make excuses if you actually believe in the consequences.

And if you've ever done anything that could be construed as a sin; you're also going to hell for a while. That's pretty hard not to, so good luck living with that idea for the rest of your life.

(Original post by BristolFresher15)
    If you're a Muslim and you dont pray 5 times a day; you do know youre going to hell, right?

I tgink its quite silly to make excuses if you actually believe in the consequences.

And if youre ever done anything that could be construde as a sin; youre also going to hell for a while. Thats pretty hard not to, so good luck living with that idea for the rest of your life.

There's something called repentance! There's also forgiveness! If your good deeds are greater than your bad deeds, you go to heaven and your bad deeds are forgiven. That's islamic stance in a very simplified manner.

Spoiler:
    Show

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's something called repentance! There's also forgiveness! If your good deeds are greater than your bad deeds, you go to heaven and your bad deeds are forgiven. That's islamic stance in a very simplified manner.

Spoiler:
    Show

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]
    Allah will ALWAYS forgive you, he will ALWAYS have mercy on you and that hadith is beautiful, I have come across it many times and it really makes me love Allah so much. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    be honest k

btw this is aimed at muslims so, if your not muslim feel free to comment but don't post anything offensive

thnxs x
    I try to, if not then 4 times, without fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    I try to, if not then 4 times, without fail.
    Mash'Allah thats great. Insh'Allah Allah will help you pray 5 times

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thats great news. No need to pray at all then. You guys are in the clear.

(Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Thats great news. No need to pray at all then. You guys are in the clear.
    You've still got to pray matey. In Islam, when you repent, it also includes: acknowledging your mistakes, feeling sorry and trying your utmost to not repeat those actions.

As I said above, I simplified it for you. The knowledge - surrounding this issue - goes deeper.

ReputationRep:
    You've still got to pray matey. In Islam, when you repent, it also includes: acknowledging your mistakes, feeling sorry and trying your utmost to not repeat those actions.

As I said above, I simplified it for you. The knowledge - surrounding this issue - goes deeper.
    Yeah, i know how it works; i was a muslim for most of my life.

ReputationRep:
    It's embarrassing to admit but, I only pray when I want something. I think to myself before the prayer "No way is God going to answer me, I only do this when I need something", however I am told we shouldn't rule out what God will or will not do, surely Allah is the most compassionate.

...After praying, as expected, I do not get what I want and I just laugh at myself because I know I didn't deserve it

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you don't pray?

ReputationRep:
    lmao think I'm one of the only ones

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious so I don't pray, I used to pray before I went to sleep when I was a child as it was kind of encouraged by my mum who's catholic but since then not at all

ReputationRep:
    no really
    Ooops.
    i honestly want to, its just...i dont know. i cant be asked even though i know i should
    My parents do

ReputationRep:
    I used to pray daily and then i stopped completely - can't beat the feeling of praying fajr though

ReputationRep:
    be honest k

btw this is aimed at muslims so, if your not muslim feel free to comment but don't post anything offensive

thnxs x
    During the weekdays I make sure I do. And I attend at least one prayer at the mosque if not two. Fajr during the weekends is difficult thought .

ReputationRep:
    i read on time 5 times a day during ramzan then manage to continue on time for a few months after but school work starts taking up my time and i end up having to read all at once during isha... i just started again though and on time... really hoping i manage to keep it up insha'allah

ReputationRep:
    I pray every night and I also listen to a nasheed every night. I still go to secondary school and I wake up at 6:55AM every morning. I really want to pray 5 times a day but I'm not sure how to go about it and what times? Also, do I have to pray during lesson? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    be honest k

thnxs x
    Unfortunately not. I used to be very devout when I was 10-11, but slowly I've started slipping away from the habit.

I hope I can go back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    A person who spends his time bent over and talking to an imaginary man is talking to me about "unnecessary."
    I'm not sure whether this statement is serious or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    X.
    Yup, we've got another scholar of Islam here. So sir, please do enlighten me more with your unlimited knowledge of Islam.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.