Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Unfortunately not. I used to be very devout when I was 10-11, but slowly I've started slipping away from the habit.

I hope I can go back
    Insh'Allah you will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    Insh'Allah you will

Did you always pray 5x?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentfeed)
    I pray every night and I also listen to a nasheed every night. I still go to secondary school and I wake up at 6:55AM every morning. I really want to pray 5 times a day but I'm not sure how to go about it and what times? Also, do I have to pray during lesson? Thank you.
    yes, ofc you should, the only thing that matters is the relationship between you and Allah and you have the right to ask to leave a certain lesson to pray. Ask your teacher if your allowed to have a certain time where you're allowed to pray and where to pray

Also, check your nearest mosque for the salah time tables, im sure you can get a printed copy or print online

ReputationRep:

Did you always pray 5x?
    Yes, before I never did, but since I've started this islamic school, I have been but fajr is hardest ofc

ReputationRep:
    Yes, before I never did, but since I've started this islamic school, I have been but fajr is hardest ofc
    Fair enough Any tips to motivate someone to do them? It's hard to start

ReputationRep:
    Just think about the reward you'll get or just fear God. Nothing will come but good from praying so you might as well.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's hard to start ofc. But once I started my school, I learnt the importance of salah and that missing salah is a great sin. If you read about the punishments of not praying it really shocks you (well it shocked me anyway). My school gave us this timetable thing to keep track of our salah and if we have missed any we can make it up asap. on the back of this timetable it has the rewards of salah and the punishments. i'll give you a few that shocked me:

"A person who does not pray his Salaah in its time (even though he makes it up later) shall remain in hell for a period of one Haqb. A Haqb is equal to 80 years of 360 days, and a day in the Hereafter shall equal 1000 years of this world." -

ive also heard that if you do not pray salah out of laziness, you are basically a kufr and have to recite the kalimah again to become a muslim again :O

there are also rewards and virtues in praying too such as:
    "the key to paradise is salah and the key to salah is wudhu"
    "if some major sins of a Muslim land him in Hell, the fire would not burn those parts of the body which have touched the ground while he was in sajdah (prostration)"

So remember that this life is ultimately a test and salah is the only thing that will allow us to enter jannat.
    If you want any advice or just wanna talk, feel free to PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    I try to, if not then 4 times, without fail.
    thats pretty good tbh, keep it up and you'll pray all of them
    Insh'Allah

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's hard to start ofc. But once I started my school, I learnt the importance of salah and that missing salah is a great sin. If you read about the punishments of not praying it really shocks you (well it shocked me anyway). My school gave us this timetable thing to keep track of our salah and if we have missed any we can make it up asap. on the back of this timetable it has the rewards of salah and the punishments. i'll give you a few that shocked me:

"A person who does not pray his Salaah in its time (even though he makes it up later) shall remain in hell for a period of one Haqb. A Haqb is equal to 80 years of 360 days, and a day in the Hereafter shall equal 1000 years of this world." -

ive also heard that if you do not pray salah out of laziness, you are basically a kufr and have to recite the kalimah again to become a muslim again :O

there are also rewards and virtues in praying too such as:
    "the key to paradise is salah and the key to salah is wudhu"
    "if some major sins of a Muslim land him in Hell, the fire would not burn those parts of the body which have touched the ground while he was in sajdah (prostration)"

So remember that this life is ultimately a test and salah is the only thing that will allow us to enter jannat.
    If you want any advice or just wanna talk, feel free to PM me
    JazakAllah khair sis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Just think about the reward you'll get or just fear God. Nothing will come but good from praying so you might as well.
    JazakAllah

ReputationRep:
    I started reading again cause I've been going through a hard time with studies and everything. I have a few friends who started reading a few months ago and I've seen how their lives have changed and is now much better than how it used to be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razna001)
    I started reading again cause I've been going through a hard time with studies and everything. I have a few friends who started reading a few months ago and I've seen how their lives have changed and is now much better than how it used to be...
    Aw that's nice! Well done on starting again

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's nice! Well done on starting again
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    JazakAllah khair sis
    np

ReputationRep:
    No. I used to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentfeed)
    I pray every night and I also listen to a nasheed every night. I still go to secondary school and I wake up at 6:55AM every morning. I really want to pray 5 times a day but I'm not sure how to go about it and what times? Also, do I have to pray during lesson? Thank you.
    Just wake up a little before 6:50 and u will be able to do fujr these days

You can do dhuhr during lunch, no you don't need to leave any lessons just to pray dw.

these days asr happens when I get home from school and mughrib around 5:45 (uk)

If you want prayer times go to islamicfinder.org and enter your country etc, when it gives you the timetable however you might need to change the settings. I select "hanafi" and "University of Islamic Sciences"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    Just wake up a little before 6:50 and u will be able to do fujr these days

You can do dhuhr during lunch, no you don't need to leave any lessons just to pray dw.

these days asr happens when I get home from school and mughrib around 5:45 (uk)

If you want prayer times go to islamicfinder.org and enter your country etc, when it gives you the timetable however you might need to change the settings. I select "hanafi" and "University of Islamic Sciences"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.