Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting paid for a trail shift that I didn't attend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got offered x2 6 hour trail shifts last week at a restaurant and I didn't show up to them since I got a job offer somewhere else. I got an email from the HR team asking for my details so I can be paid.

Should I pass it on? I'm worried they'll ask for it back and there will be a big thing about it, then again I do need the money. Then again they clearly didn't do a register so they might never know I didn't show...

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalangel18)
    I got offered x2 6 hour trail shifts last week at a restaurant and I didn't show up to them since I got a job offer somewhere else. I got an email from the HR team asking for my details so I can be paid.

Should I pass it on? I'm worried they'll ask for it back and there will be a big thing about it, then again I do need the money. Then again they clearly didn't do a register so they might never know I didn't show...

What should I do?
    I don't think you should do it as they haven't paid it into your account and you are actively going to be sending details to get money that you know you haven't earned. If it had just been paid to you and you haven't noticed. There is a difference, if you see what I am getting at? They might have sent you the email by mistake and once they realise you will look very bad
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

What should I do?
    Its not your money is it. You know you didnt do the work and as the other poster said you will be making representations that you did. This is a misrepresntation and a fraud. Normally people like to protect their repitation for honesty and avoid creating one for dishonesty. Hmmm what should you do....

ReputationRep:
    Remember they're well within their rights to ask for it back if they do pay you. I had this before, I was offered a job then made redundant (Its a long story) and they paid me 3 months redundancy pay even though i'd never worked there and they asked for the final month back. As you haven't worked I reckon it's a mistake and you should contact them and tell them.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest you may well not get paid anything anyway, likelihood is that HR are just following up at their end so they're ready to take you on and pay you and when your potential boss doesn't submit any hours for you you won't be paid

either way, it's not worth it, they could try and reclaim the money and given you never turned up you wouldn't have a leg to stand on

ReputationRep:

What should I do?
    If you got a job offer somewhere else then why are you bothered about this one?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.