Turn on thread page Beta

I'm an Indian Muslim AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabana)
    Uggggh I hate those things they believe. My family are the same an I get so annoyed.
    exactly same here!!! my mum is always like... your in-laws will taunt you if you can't cook and i just bang my head in the wall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    I wouldnt really say its a religious thing. Def cultural. watch any number of indian soap operas (shudders) and they all follow the same dynamic: girl gets married into family. she gets mistreated/abused by her husband/inlaws, and other annoying plotpoints. not just indian culture, pakistani, sri lankan, african cultures are all similar
    yeah i know its a culture! but this thing got to be STOP
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    yeah i know its a culture! but this thing got to be STOP
    agreed !

ReputationRep:
    exactly same here!!! my mum is always like... your in-laws will taunt you if you can't cook and i just bang my head in the wall
    I'm not even going to bother to learn how to cook, I don't care what my parents say I know a few basics but thats it. I expect my future husband to do an equal amount of chores because I plan to work after marriage and I expect he'd be working as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabana)
    I'm not even going to bother to learn how to cook, I don't care what my parents say I know a few basics but thats it. I expect my future husband to do an equal amount of chores because I plan to work after marriage and I expect he'd be working as well.
    SAME HERE! i am gonna make my future hubby to make gol rotis for me and chai whenever i want it
    gonna ignore my in-laws because i know they will be mean to me... they will taunt me saying "marjaniye mere bety ko cooking par lagaya hua hai... you churail" :toofunny: and i'll be like :talkhand::talkhand::talkhand:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HonestLad)
    A conservative estimate says 10% of Muslims are extremists, which means their are over 100 million people who are extremists. Even if it was only 1%, that would still mean 10 million extremists, which is still an awful lot.

Also worldwide most Muslims want Sharia Law, which means stoning women to death for Adultery etc.

White people don't tend to shout 'Allah Akbar', when there commiting there shootings.

IRA aren't very active anymore.
    and what of the other billion+ muslims worldwide?

most muslims in the UK I have encountered couldnt give a hoot about their religion. they openly do drugs, drink alcohol, sleep around etc etc and say they are muslims to appease their parents.

also what is wrong with saying god is the greatest in foreign languages? at least yelling something alerts people to danger rather than shooting people randomly with no warning

btw, men also get stoned as well as women and women / men only get punished if 4 people have actually witnessed the act. in most cases, NOBODY WANTS TO HAVE SOMEONE WATCHING THEM HAVE SEX so this is mostly a moot point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruthfulLad)
    Do you think Apostates should be killed?
    Why does this sound inspired by Dawkin's focus on the Death as a result of Apostacy..?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Indian Muslims in the UK are on average more strict with regards to following Islam than British Pakistanis?

SAME HERE! i am gonna make my future hubby to make gol rotis for me and chai whenever i want it
    gonna ignore my in-laws because i know they will be mean to me... they will taunt me saying "marjaniye mere bety ko cooking par lagaya hua hai... you churail" :toofunny: and i'll be like :talkhand::talkhand::talkhand:
    :lol: ngl I'm the same. :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheMasterofLife)
    Why does this sound inspired by Dawkin's focus on the Death as a result of Apostacy..?
    the dude who posted that is an atheist extremist who has been trolling tonnes of people under different user IDs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    the dude who posted that is an atheist extremist who has been trolling tonnes of people under different user IDs
    That clears things up!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    Do you think Indian Muslims in the UK are on average more strict with regards to following Islam than British Pakistanis?
    on average....pakistani people are less strict regarding religious values I feel but tend to adhere to tradtional cultural values more. that being said, a lot of my indian muslim friends are non-adherent (but they do help out with community stuff and personally feel are more compassionate) overall I would say it varies from place to place. Im just using my own experience in the answer and generally speaking you would need both population sizes to be the same to have a more exact answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    :lol: ngl I'm the same. :rofl:
    on that note :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    on average....pakistani people are less strict regarding religious values I feel but tend to adhere to tradtional cultural values more.
    I'm britPak and agree with you that's the case on average. Gujarati Muslims (not all) especially in the UK I find are very strict when it comes to religion.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    I'm britPak and agree with you that's the case on average. Gujarati Muslims (not all) especially in the UK I find are very strict when it comes to religion.
    agree regarding guju muslims. marathi are more liberal I find (kinda interesting as maharashtra was the first area in asia to practice islam) but marathis are more altruistic I feel (generally most muslims I know who are involved in volunteering for multiple charities are marathi or bengali). I am fairly liberal but I do adhere to most principles and have an inshallah I will do this mentality regarding namaz and other stuff. punjabi muslims no comment lol (reason no comment as I do not know any indian punjabi muslims. pakistani punjabi yes, indian no)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    agree regarding guju muslims.

marathi are more liberal I find (kinda interesting as maharashtra was the first area in asia to practice islam) but marathis are more altruistic I feel (generally most muslims I know who are involved in volunteering for multiple charities are marathi or bengali). I am fairly liberal but I do adhere to most principles and have an inshallah I will do this mentality regarding namaz and other stuff. punjabi muslims no comment lol (reason no comment as I do not know any indian punjabi muslims. pakistani punjabi yes, indian no)
    I think it's good for them though, it makes them a very disciplined community.
    I've only met one Goan Muslim, quite religious but not over the top and also quite a cool guy.
    Not surprised you've never met an Indian Punjabi Muslim, about 99% of them had to leave in 1947. I think the ones mainly living in East Punjab now are immigrants from other states.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhangal96)
    chai is awful!! :eek:
    how rude, chai is buff :heart::heart:

ReputationRep:
    Hey Muslims brothers and sisters or Assalamualaikum,

I would appreciate it if the other Muslims in this thread can quote me so I know who they are because I had some islamic questions. Worth mentioning I am also a Muslim so want to pm you asking questions as a few of them are really bad and embarrassing but I want to become a good Muslim inshallah.

Would appreciate any quick responses

ReputationRep:
    how long ago what is when you farted ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Guls)
    how long ago what is when you farted ?
    Iactually cant remember lol

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.