Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've had an offer from Sheffield and am considering making it my firm choice however there are a few things that are bugging me.
    1. I'm from Bristol where the nightlife is pretty big, am I going to find Sheffield small and (for want of a better word) 'boring' in comparison?
    2. I noticed at the open day that the majority of students were northern, being a southerner am I going to feel like an outsider?
    3. I've also had an offer from Birmingham and when I went up for the open day a current student said that the uni (Birmingham) was fairly quiet at the weekends as most students often went home. Would this be the case at Sheffield/ all unis?

ReputationRep:
    1. Nightlife can be pretty big in sheffield, there's quite a variety of nights out for every day of the week that many people go to.
    2. Most students I've met here are actually southern, though there's a fair mix as you can expect. That being said everyone is a teenage student so I don't think the southern/northern roots actually dictate much in terms of getting along.
    3. The Endcliffe halls are quite loud/busy most of the time, weekends especially as a lot of people go out on Saturdays.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is a really vibrant city. The departments are in close proximity from each other but also dispersed around. As stated above, there is certainly not a lack of daytime or nighttime activities. There're so many different kind of nightouts (union hosting quite a lot of them on different days as well). Plus cheap drinks!

I'd say there is a good mix of northners/southners here and it really doesn't take much to get along with anyone especially as a fresher

Union nights on saturdays is a major sell out every week, plenty to do dw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.