The Student Room Group

America has Donald Trump, Britain has Jeremy Corbyn

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsenal96
His open door policy to the rest of the world (hopefully attracting 50 million a year) is the only thing I agree with him on

How stupid, infact instead of trying to cut down immigration by making it stricter, he will make it fairer and find WHY people are coming here THAN fix the solutions to decrease the numbers coming in. How is this open doors? Quit reading right-wing newspapers and be realistic.
His open door policy to the rest of the world (hopefully attracting 50 million a year) is the only thing I agree with him on

Why would that be a remotely good thing?
Original post by ckfeister
How stupid, infact instead of trying to cut down immigration by making it stricter, he will make it fairer and find WHY people are coming here THAN fix the solutions to decrease the numbers coming in. How is this open doors? Quit reading right-wing newspapers and be realistic.

Only a left wing nutter would think bringing over the Calais camp will sort the problem. Only sensible people will know the camp will just be replaced with more migrants
Only a left wing nutter would think bringing over the Calais camp will sort the problem. Only sensible people will know the camp will just be replaced with more migrants

Who said we would allow them over permeant? Go and read Labour views, you may like it.

Go and read this.
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/140040678459/this-is-a-total-humiliation-for-floundering-george

Imagine further cuts when teaching shortage, education crisis on funding while teaching pay etc going up. As well as NHS is in massive strain.
Original post by ckfeister
Go and read this.
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/140040678459/this-is-a-total-humiliation-for-floundering-george

Imagine further cuts when teaching shortage, education crisis on funding while teaching pay etc going up. As well as NHS is in massive strain.

You do realise that is false information and there is a reason only Labour promote it
You do realise that is false information and there is a reason only Labour promote it

I have read both Conservatives and Labour, the cuts before was to make it more efficient and to make our country more controlled. However, this has gone too far now and is cutting even more even though its all in a strain. I have seen this even on BBC news have you not seen the defict NHS has? The teaching crisis thats in Britain? The wages are slipping behind other graduate programmes that why we have a teaching crisis in the first place.
Read the bottom also " Joint coalitition is urging investment growth not cutting INCLUDING IMF "
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
You misunderstood me.
I just think you should look at less bias sources when it comes to the Israel/Palestine conflict.

I repeat for the third time, I read all manners of media and literature from both sides of the political spectrum and Palestinians are arab and muslim hence they view me as subhuman kaffir.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
A better comparison with Trump is Nigel Farage - or Boris Johnson. Right wing populists who make a lot of stuff up and pretend to be what they are not to appeal to working class voters.

What has Nigel Farage ever made up? Just curious.
Original post by McWeezy
Trumps a Zionist shill

Corbyn isn't

Yeah I also can't see Trump brown nosing and befriending people who want to kill all the Jews like Corbyn has.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KimKallstrom
Yeah I also can't see Trump brown nosing and befriending people who want to kill all the Jews like Corbyn has.

Apart from the white supremacists who love Trump.
Original post by EccentricDiamond
What does the fact he is a Zionist have to do with anything. Why should I give a **** about Palestinians who regard me as subhuman kuffar

Did you speak to every Palestinian to come to this ridiculous conclusion?And no one cares who you do or don't give a damn about, you are not needed.

The lunatic Trump cannot be compared to Corbyn.
(edited 8 years ago)
nice
Original post by WBZ144
Did you speak to every Palestinian to come to this ridiculous conclusion?And no one cares who you do or don't give a damn about, you are not needed.

The lunatic Trump cannot be compared to Corbyn.

Stop being so naive and childish
Both are as crazy and extremist as each other just polar opposites of the political spectrum

I don't think that's a good comparison, but they are both terrible candidates for president/pm.

Trump is just insane. I liked Corbyn when he first came onto the scene but then he really let himself down with some of his backwards ideas, like even entertaining the idea of segregated train carriage etc.
Reply 35
I like how underachievers don't feel bothered questioning Trump's sanity. You lightweights wouldn't last a month in a cutthroat environment like NY real estate.
I read all newspaper from both sides of the political spectrum; from tabloids to broadsheets to journals.

Thank you

Then what particular policies of Corbyn do you find so extremist? Come on, back up what you say. What has Corbyn suggested, that is so extremist that he's worthy of the label "lunatic".
Original post by Hydeman
I'm no fan of the Conservatives, either. Although it's nice to see that the facile tendency on this website to label any critic of Corbyn/the left as a Tory is still running strong.

It's not "facile" (lol), most people in this country do tend to congregate on supporting either the labour or Tory party. If someone dislikes Corbyn, the chance of them liking the Tories substantially increases. Only a few dislike both. So it's just common sense.
Original post by Twinpeaks
It's not "facile" (lol), most people in this country do tend to congregate on supporting either the labour or Tory party. If someone dislikes Corbyn, the chance of them liking the Tories substantially increases. Only a few dislike both. So it's just common sense.

It is facile. Not every critic of Corbyn dislikes him (nice conflation -- but anything goes in the name of 'common' sense, doesn't it?). Caroline Lucas had plenty of criticism of Corbyn when he was still running for the leadership.

But yeah, keep assuming your opponent's positions based on chance. You'll go far as a debater. :rolleyes:
Original post by Hydeman
It is facile. Not every critic of Corbyn dislikes him (nice conflation -- but anything goes in the name of 'common' sense, doesn't it?). Caroline Lucas had plenty of criticism of Corbyn when he was still running for the leadership.

But yeah, keep assuming your opponent's positions based on chance. You'll go far as a debater. :rolleyes:

Who do you think you are? Absolute joke haha. I've no intrest in being a "debater", I'm in something called the real world son.

All I said was, it is reasonable to assume that someone who dislikes Corbyn and his "lunatic left wing" ways, is right-wing. And the most popular right wing party is the Tories. Therefore it is not unreasonable, or "facile" (lol) to assume that someone who dislikes Corbyn, is a Tory. Because most are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending