Is my driving instructor acting weird or am i just too uptight

Watch this thread
goodvibes
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, so I've been taking some driving lessons in London and I've done about 20 hours thus far and am progressing along alright (I can't drive outside of lessons so that's why I am taking so many). Basically, my driving instructor and I communicate via text messages and recently he's saying things like "oh I miss your questions already " and asking me out for drinks. Not what I expected really as he's in his late 30s and has got two kids. Is this inappropriate behaviour or am I just being too uptight??
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Yes, that is inappropriate behaviour.
_icecream
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Creep change instructors
The Joker ~
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by goodvibes)
Hi, so I've been taking some driving lessons in London and I've done about 20 hours thus far and am progressing along alright (I can't drive outside of lessons so that's why I am taking so many). Basically, my driving instructor and I communicate via text messages and recently he's saying things like "oh I miss your questions already " and asking me out for drinks. Not what I expected really as he's in his late 30s and has got two kids. Is this inappropriate behaviour or am I just being too uptight??
Oh that is definitely inappropriate!!

Can you just remind me your phone number?

xd
JBLondon
Badges: 3
Report 6 years ago
"free lessons until I pass or I send screenshots to your wife"

kthxbai
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No, he shouldn't be doing that. You should drop him and find someone else.
goodvibes
Rep:
(Original post by JBLondon)
"free lessons until I pass or I send screenshots to your wife"

kthxbai
I think he mentioned that he's no longer with her haha... I should redirect him to a dating website.

The thing is that he's a good instructor! And I tend to be quite anxious in the car so I'm not sure if he's trying to be friendly or not... Either way I'm not sure what to do, just about to renew another 10 hours, not sure if I should swap instructors or not at this point
JBLondon
Badges: 3
Report 6 years ago
I think he mentioned that he's no longer with her haha... I should redirect him to a dating website.

The thing is that he's a good instructor! And I tend to be quite anxious in the car so I'm not sure if he's trying to be friendly or not... Either way I'm not sure what to do, just about to renew another 10 hours, not sure if I should swap instructors or not at this point
Being serious, if you've brought it here, it means you think it's weird enough that it's making you uncomfortable. I'd change instructors before it gets any worse. Asking you out for a drink is a bit past making you feel less anxious in the car.
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Change driving instructors immediately. If he's part of a driving school or a company, inform them ASAP. Totally unacceptable behaviour.
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Bit unprofessional to say the least.
Lemon Haze
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Nah its cool, just go and get a free meal and a couple drinks of him!
Roxeber
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You know what yeah, us girls gotta take control. It will be too late for him to say sorry because he will be missing more than your body and want to do weird things. So work work before he der der.

(Sorry about that - yeah get a new driving instructor, he sounds weird)
goodvibes
Rep:
Quick update. I curtly rejected his offer and I think he blocked me on whatsapp! That saves me the trouble I suppose... Too bad now I need a new driving instructor!
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Quick update. I curtly rejected his offer and I think he blocked me on whatsapp! That saves me the trouble I suppose... Too bad now I need a new driving instructor!
It's for the best! :hugs: Sorry you had to go through that!
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Sounds like you're better off getting a new one anyway!
Arsenal96
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Report him to the police now and if possible send this story (with some tweeks) to the guardian and mail. You need to send him down
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JBLondon)
Being serious, if you've brought it here, it means you think it's weird enough that it's making you uncomfortable. I'd change instructors before it gets any worse. Asking you out for a drink is a bit past making you feel less anxious in the car.
I agree
Reue
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsenal96)
Report him to the police now and if possible send this story (with some tweeks) to the guardian and mail. You need to send him down
Report/Send-him-down for what? Flirting with an adult?
GlobalDawah
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Not sure women should be driving anyway. Doing so undermines the integrity of family life.
JusLakJelInit
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
One of the rare occasions these days when the term creep might actually be appropriate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (73)
18.91%
The paper was reasonable (146)
37.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (111)
28.76%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
14.51%

Watched Threads