Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my driving instructor acting weird or am i just too uptight Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I've been taking some driving lessons in London and I've done about 20 hours thus far and am progressing along alright (I can't drive outside of lessons so that's why I am taking so many). Basically, my driving instructor and I communicate via text messages and recently he's saying things like "oh I miss your questions already " and asking me out for drinks. Not what I expected really as he's in his late 30s and has got two kids. Is this inappropriate behaviour or am I just being too uptight??

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that is inappropriate behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Creep change instructors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodvibes)
    Hi, so I've been taking some driving lessons in London and I've done about 20 hours thus far and am progressing along alright (I can't drive outside of lessons so that's why I am taking so many). Basically, my driving instructor and I communicate via text messages and recently he's saying things like "oh I miss your questions already " and asking me out for drinks. Not what I expected really as he's in his late 30s and has got two kids. Is this inappropriate behaviour or am I just being too uptight??
    Oh that is definitely inappropriate!!

Can you just remind me your phone number?

xd

"free lessons until I pass or I send screenshots to your wife"

kthxbai

ReputationRep:
    No, he shouldn't be doing that. You should drop him and find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBLondon)
    "free lessons until I pass or I send screenshots to your wife"

kthxbai
    I think he mentioned that he's no longer with her haha... I should redirect him to a dating website.

The thing is that he's a good instructor! And I tend to be quite anxious in the car so I'm not sure if he's trying to be friendly or not... Either way I'm not sure what to do, just about to renew another 10 hours, not sure if I should swap instructors or not at this point

I think he mentioned that he's no longer with her haha... I should redirect him to a dating website.

The thing is that he's a good instructor! And I tend to be quite anxious in the car so I'm not sure if he's trying to be friendly or not... Either way I'm not sure what to do, just about to renew another 10 hours, not sure if I should swap instructors or not at this point
    Being serious, if you've brought it here, it means you think it's weird enough that it's making you uncomfortable. I'd change instructors before it gets any worse. Asking you out for a drink is a bit past making you feel less anxious in the car.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Change driving instructors immediately. If he's part of a driving school or a company, inform them ASAP. Totally unacceptable behaviour.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Bit unprofessional to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Nah its cool, just go and get a free meal and a couple drinks of him!

ReputationRep:
    You know what yeah, us girls gotta take control. It will be too late for him to say sorry because he will be missing more than your body and want to do weird things. So work work before he der der.

(Sorry about that - yeah get a new driving instructor, he sounds weird)

ReputationRep:
    Quick update. I curtly rejected his offer and I think he blocked me on whatsapp! That saves me the trouble I suppose... Too bad now I need a new driving instructor!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Quick update. I curtly rejected his offer and I think he blocked me on whatsapp! That saves me the trouble I suppose... Too bad now I need a new driving instructor!
    It's for the best! :hugs: Sorry you had to go through that!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're better off getting a new one anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Report him to the police now and if possible send this story (with some tweeks) to the guardian and mail. You need to send him down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBLondon)
    Being serious, if you've brought it here, it means you think it's weird enough that it's making you uncomfortable. I'd change instructors before it gets any worse. Asking you out for a drink is a bit past making you feel less anxious in the car.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96)
    Report him to the police now and if possible send this story (with some tweeks) to the guardian and mail. You need to send him down
    Report/Send-him-down for what? Flirting with an adult?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure women should be driving anyway. Doing so undermines the integrity of family life.

ReputationRep:
    One of the rare occasions these days when the term creep might actually be appropriate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.