Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

School calls police because pupil visited UKIP website on class computer Watch

• View Poll Results: Did the school do the right thing?
    Yes
    14.43%
    No
    85.57%

ReputationRep:
    A school in Hampshire called in police after a pupil viewed the UKIP website on a class computer, it has been reported.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6899641.html

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOoL

ReputationRep:
    good, UKIP are just more overtly racist tories

ReputationRep:
    Surely then they'd do the same thing if a pupil looked at material related to Corbyn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    good, UKIP are just more overtly racist tories
    They're not even racist.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like something out of 1984 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaronK)
    They're not even racist.
    http://leftfootforward.org/2015/02/i...ld-suggest-so/

ok

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the school would of blocked the actual website if it was an issue. At my school, we can't log onto public emails or youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Comments of members don't speak for the whole party though - e.g. Thornberry's comments, Abbott's comments. UKIP just gets extra scrutiny, but interestingly they seem to take a much tougher disciplinary stance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaronK)
    They're not even racist.
    to suggest that UKIP are not racist is patently ridiculous ...

ReputationRep:
    ur a tory mate sorry
    Ey ey no name calling- no wonder politics is such a shitfest. Rely on your arguments, not your "wit"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ur a tory mate sorry
    Ah yes, because political alignment anything more right than left nullifies any point you make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Ey ey no name calling- no wonder politics is such a shitfest. Rely on your arguments, not your "wit"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you feel that the word tory is an insult then it says a lot about torys' guilty conscience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    to suggest that UKIP are not racist is patently ridiculous ...
    I'll take it from the tsr experts.

ReputationRep:
    if you feel that the word tory is an insult then it says a lot about torys' guilty conscience
    I didn't say it was an insult. You're clearly implying with your point that "being a tory" means my point doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly intended it to be an insult.
    Anyway I'm just speaking in general, which was prompted by your tone and not any specific thing said

also I despise UKIP but at the same time I also despise pettiness

ReputationRep:
    Then the left claim they are tolerant. They will protect Islamists but arrest a kid who visited the UKIP website

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe there are actually people voting yes here...

ReputationRep:
    Marie-Louise Litton sounds like she needs to get a grip with reality and Hampshire Constabulary need to stop wasting tax payer money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96)
    Then the left claim they are tolerant. They will protect Islamists but arrest a kid who visited the UKIP website
    Schools and police operate under a tory government, so I don't see that applies.
    If anything the police are pretending that they aren't targeting Muslims in the new safe-guarding laws by wasting resources on things like this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.