Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    do you think it would be good to to canvassing and leafleting as a kind of extra curricular that is politics related - what transferrable skills and other stuff to make it relevant could I say for my ps for PPE or politics
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    The admissions tutors will be far more interested in your academic interest in politics than transferrable skills, so if you do mention it in any great detail, focus on that instead (but not tenuous links)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by qazwx)
    do you think it would be good to to canvassing and leafleting as a kind of extra curricular that is politics related - what transferrable skills and other stuff to make it relevant could I say for my ps for PPE or politics
    Did the people trying to get you to provide free labour tell you it would look good on your PS?

Imagine you're a politics academic. You did a BA/BSc in politics, probably a masters and definitely a PhD. You then decided to dedicate your professional life to researching and teaching the subject. Will that person see posting leaflets through letterboxes as evidence that you are dedicated to studying politics or particularly talented?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.