Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok, so I'm a girl and I'm straight, and until recently always considered myself a virgin because I've never had sex with a guy.

The other day I was talking to a friend about sexual experiences, and I told her about a time a couple of years ago when I experimented with a female friend. For about a year or so whenever me and her had a sleep over we would sleep naked and spoon and stuff and quite often we did oral.
    The friend I was talking to said that that means I'm not a virgin, which kind of threw me because I've never thought about it like that before.

I'm not too bothered if I am or not, but I'm just interested to know if other people think it means I'm actually virgin or not?

ReputationRep:
    Virginity is a man-made construct, not something actually biological. It doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter and everyone who claims to differ is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so I'm a girl and I'm straight, and until recently always considered myself a virgin because I've never had sex with a guy.

The other day I was talking to a friend about sexual experiences, and I told her about a time a couple of years ago when I experimented with a female friend. For about a year or so whenever me and her had a sleep over we would sleep naked and spoon and stuff and quite often we did oral.
    The friend I was talking to said that that means I'm not a virgin, which kind of threw me because I've never thought about it like that before.

I'm not too bothered if I am or not, but I'm just interested to know if other people think it means I'm actually virgin or not?
    OP has made me release the Cracken :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Best. Story. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Need more details pls
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    pics or it didnt happen

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you really - virginity means different things to different people. If for you it means penetration with a penis then that's what you think.

ReputationRep:
    You're straight and you did oral with a girl hence you don't think that counts as sex?

If you define your virginity as only being lost when you're penetrated then yes, you are a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to say. Are lesbians forever virgins in this case? I wouldn't say so. I suppose you're not a virgin.

technically you are not a virgin but if your hymen is intact you are clinically a sexual virgin

ReputationRep:
    Virgin in terms of sexual contact? Definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you to decide. If you still consider yourself a virgin, then you are. Personally, I wouldn't because oral sex is still a form of sex.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.