Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok, so I'm a girl and I'm straight, and until recently always considered myself a virgin because I've never had sex with a guy.

The other day I was talking to a friend about sexual experiences, and I told her about a time a couple of years ago when I experimented with a female friend. For about a year or so whenever me and her had a sleep over we would sleep naked and spoon and stuff and quite often we did oral.
    The friend I was talking to said that that means I'm not a virgin, which kind of threw me because I've never thought about it like that before.

I'm not too bothered if I am or not, but I'm just interested to know if other people think it means I'm actually virgin or not?

ReputationRep:
    Virginity is a man-made construct, not something actually biological. It doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter and everyone who claims to differ is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so I'm a girl and I'm straight, and until recently always considered myself a virgin because I've never had sex with a guy.

The other day I was talking to a friend about sexual experiences, and I told her about a time a couple of years ago when I experimented with a female friend. For about a year or so whenever me and her had a sleep over we would sleep naked and spoon and stuff and quite often we did oral.
    The friend I was talking to said that that means I'm not a virgin, which kind of threw me because I've never thought about it like that before.

I'm not too bothered if I am or not, but I'm just interested to know if other people think it means I'm actually virgin or not?
    OP has made me release the Cracken :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Best. Story. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Need more details pls
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    pics or it didnt happen

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you really - virginity means different things to different people. If for you it means penetration with a penis then that's what you think.

ReputationRep:
    You're straight and you did oral with a girl hence you don't think that counts as sex?

If you define your virginity as only being lost when you're penetrated then yes, you are a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to say. Are lesbians forever virgins in this case? I wouldn't say so. I suppose you're not a virgin.

technically you are not a virgin but if your hymen is intact you are clinically a sexual virgin

ReputationRep:
    Virgin in terms of sexual contact? Definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you to decide. If you still consider yourself a virgin, then you are. Personally, I wouldn't because oral sex is still a form of sex.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.