Turn on thread page Beta

I can't stop stressing about a levels and it's making me feel **** watch

ReputationRep:
    Im a very independent student cause my schools quite bad, but it means on top of school work I have to constantly think about what work to do all day every day and it's driving me insane. It's pointless too because worrying achieves nothing . But I can't sleep it's brought on some asthma because I started smoking and I'm finding it difficult to just un wind and relax someone help me please

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar position, right now I'm sitting here with the worst anxious feeling in my stomach thinking about all the work I have to complete for tonight.

To be honest, I think just hang on in there and hang on tight, only a little while to go until exams. It will be okay soon :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm in a similar position, right now I'm sitting here with the worst anxious feeling in my stomach thinking about all the work I have to complete for tonight.

To be honest, I think just hang on in there and hang on tight, only a little while to go until exams. It will be okay soon :-)
    Yeah I guess if you think of it in the sense that it will all be over some day, might as well man up and give it my best shot instead of stressing

ReputationRep:
    Ive literally been feeling the same way recently, however I just made a revision plan where I planned out what to do every single day which made me feel more relaxed. Think of it as a positive thing, try to use your stress as motivation to not procrastinate and to revise effectively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    Yeah I guess if you think of it in the sense that it will all be over some day, might as well man up and give it my best shot instead of stressing
    Also, it's better to be worried than completely laid back and calm. Don't worry, it will be okay soon.

ReputationRep:
    same.

so much so that i've literally just abandoned everything rather than trying to sort it so I feel better. >.<

ReputationRep:
    Make a weekly plan! Only 2 months left now! Sit and create a new line of winners! Or stand and keep standing with the losers. Better yourself, your time is now! Put in constant hours, have breaks but not too long. 2 months will go like nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    same.

so much so that i've literally just abandoned everything rather than trying to sort it so I feel better. >.<
    I know That is what i've done for the past few hours, but lol we both know that is the complete opposite of how to feel better!

I just feel worse now. and more sick, and more scared.

ReputationRep:
    I know That is what i've done for the past few hours, but lol we both know that is the complete opposite of how to feel better!

I just feel worse now. and more sick, and more scared.
    I think it's bc I'm feeling unmotivated + idk why. :emo: Okay, well I'm going to go and take a paracetomol rn then try and be positive and start at 6:30pm bc I really really really want to go to bed feeling accomplished and I know that if I don't then I'll regret things tomorrow since there will be twice the amount to complete, not to mention the fact it'll be a sunday.

:console: Try and do one task at a time, don't think about everything you've got to do bc otherwise you'll feel overwhelmed. Just fully focus on a single thing then once your done with it move onto the next thing. Hopefully if you do that then you'll get through it quite quick. I'm right here with you, we can do this together.- i believe in you. :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    Im a very independent student cause my schools quite bad, but it means on top of school work I have to constantly think about what work to do all day every day and it's driving me insane. It's pointless too because worrying achieves nothing . But I can't sleep it's brought on some asthma because I started smoking and I'm finding it difficult to just un wind and relax someone help me please
    Mate, just relax, I've been there too.

The best thing I can recommend is to write out on a piece of paper what exactly you have to do and when is the latest you can do it.

+ After working out what you need to do, start planning when u need to do it (create a Timetable)
    + It's important to realise that if u don't stick to ur timetable, you're going to feel like a bell-end, so make sure it starts off easily enough that u can stick to it (Also add a rest day/or 2)
    + After sticking to it for a few days it is going to become completely natural to follow the order of the timetable and u should start seeing results after a week or so

+ Also, in regard to sleeping - I would advise some medical Marijuana. I've been smoking weed for years and years, however came into this medical sh*t more recently - it's amazing!
    + I would finish my timetabled revision, (Still do this for University, finishing next month :O) go over a checklist to ensured I've done everything i had planned and then relax with a fat joint and The Weeknd and then go to sleep in a few hours. The medical stuff makes u wake up feeling completely refreshed (never tired) and ready to attack the day.

--- Key thing to remember about A-lvl's is that EVERYTHING IS IN THE BOOK.... if you go over it enough times they cannot catch u out like at university where u don't even know what the fu€k the syllabus is half the time...

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding at my school that everyone is soooo stressed. Yesterday we had students and staff in tears because the work load is so stupid. Not sure how I'm going to manage another 18 months like this - I'm just making myself ill...

I know everyone else is in the same position, but it just seems impossible! I work nearly every evening every free hour I have, plus I'm doing six or seven hours work at the weekend, and I'm still behind.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.