Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help ASAP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, well i have my business studies unit 6 exam at 1:30 this arvo, however i always thought i had to get 59 out of 120 to get an A, now i discover that it's actually out of 80!!! So rather then needing to get approx 50% i now need to get about 70%......whats going on? is it 80 or 120!? or is it both? i'm sure i read something about it's out of 80 but they notch it up to 120 with some kind of procedure.....argh!! help!! *please say 120, please say 120*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat_uk_84)
    Right, well i have my business studies unit 6 exam at 1:30 this arvo, however i always thought i had to get 59 out of 120 to get an A, now i discover that it's actually out of 80!!! So rather then needing to get approx 50% i now need to get about 70%......whats going on? is it 80 or 120!? or is it both? i'm sure i read something about it's out of 80 but they notch it up to 120 with some kind of procedure.....argh!! help!! *please say 120, please say 120*
    What exam board is it? I've never seen an A Level exam where the final mark is out of 80. It is more likely that the paper is marked out of 80 then converted to a UMS out of 120. You'd still need around 50%!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mg84)
    What exam board is it? I've never seen an A Level exam where the final mark is out of 80. It is more likely that the paper is marked out of 80 then converted to a UMS out of 120. You'd still need around 50%!
    yeh, like all my exams are out of 75 or something like that, but then they do a calculation to get the mark out of 100...or 120

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic VIII)
    Aren't you banned or something?
    And this is coming from Gnostic VIII?

ReputationRep:
    50% i can handle, 72% not so optimistic, especially as i have been way too over confident and left revison until the last minute....as in last night :-(

ReputationRep:
    50% i can handle, 72% not so optimistic, especially as i have been way too over confident and left revison until the last minute....as in last night :-(
    I think the 72% is approximately what you would need for an A in that module, though this depends on the exam difficulty and how the mark is converted by the exam board. I'm guessing you're trying to calculate what you need in this module to get an A overall? Don't panic, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    i already know that i need 59 marks to get an A, as i took unit 4 in january and so they were able to work out what marks we needed to get certain grades........i wish they hadn't now, it's so horrible knowing how close you are but still not close enough to relax, i know i have a B garaunteed (hey thats rhymes!)! What i just want to know to put my mind at rest is whether it's out of 80 or 120 as it raises the stakes if it's out of 80....as in more then likely to miss entry grades :-(
    i should probably be revising rather then worrying! too late for that now though.......at least this is the last one! yipee!

ReputationRep:
    i already know that i need 59 marks to get an A, as i took unit 4 in january and so they were able to work out what marks we needed to get certain grades........i wish they hadn't now, it's so horrible knowing how close you are but still not close enough to relax, i know i have a B garaunteed (hey thats rhymes!)! What i just want to know to put my mind at rest is whether it's out of 80 or 120 as it raises the stakes if it's out of 80....as in more then likely to miss entry grades :-(
    i should probably be revising rather then worrying! too late for that now though.......at least this is the last one! yipee!
    Check your PM!

ReputationRep:
    okay..i can do this *breathe deeply* phew...okay....come on katy! grrrr....please can i have a pep talk and group hug and joining of hands in centre of circle and then a "oooooooooooooo go katy!"??? thanks Mg84, you're a star :-)

ReputationRep:
    please can i have a pep talk and group hug and joining of hands in centre of circle and then a "oooooooooooooo go katy!"???
    Erm... no! :rolleyes:

thanks Mg84, you're a star :-)

ReputationRep:
    high five?

ReputationRep:
    high five?
    Hmmm... if you're lucky! How about after the exam, once you've got your A?

ReputationRep:
    okay, deal.....right i better skedaddle and do some cramming *rolls up sleeves and flexes finger muscles whist muttering encouragement to self*
    Thank you for all the help
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    okay, no A's and no high fives coming out of that exam! The mock exams were so much easier then that i would have expected at least one gift question, but no! and it was on airlines...grrrr
    Anyway, i am going to drink myself into a stupor because at least it's all over, and my free sample of Jelly Belly's arrived today xxx

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.