Do you feel broody?

Watch
Little Old Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I'm a 26 year old female and recently, I've been feeling envious, jealous almost, when I've seen people I know post photo's of their babies/children on Facebook. Do any of you, male or female, of any age, ever feel like this too?

I feel pretty silly but I almost feel annoyed seeing these photo's although I'm happy for the people posting them. Maybe it's jealousy creeping through and deep down, I want a baby (not specifically only an actual baby, but a partner/husband/family of my own etc) I think it annoys me when people who haven't intended on having children and have unexpectedly become a parent and come across as they have a perfect life with a baby they didn't plan on having and seem to focus on the cute baby bit where they're tiny and cute but they don't see beyond that, when there are lots of people who would love a child/family of their own.

I think a lot it is the fact that I'm trying to get some sort of career sorted at the moment and the people I come across as I've stated don't seem bothered about that sort of thing, which is fine and I don't have a problem with this, but in my culture (I'm Indian), a career would have to come first in other people's eyes, then Marriage BEFORE moving in with a partner and starting a family. Sorry if this sounds ridiculous!

Thoughts/opinions welcome. Please state your age and gender when posting if you wish, just out if interest x
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm only 20 but I do a lot of the time. There are loads of girls I went to school with who have babies now and whenever I see their pictures on Facebook it really makes me want one but the circumstances aren't right at the moment so I'll have to stick to admiring the cute babies I see :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only when I hold them. When I hold them I resolve to impregnate as many people as possible over the following week but when the baby has gone I remember that I'm useless and it wouldn't be fair for a child to have me as a father right now. :lol:
CovidMadeMeDoIt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
25, married & fellow south Asian.

I only feel broody when playing with my nieces/nephews but once they start crying or once I get home, I don’t feel the same way anymore. Personally the idea of “an unplanned family” scares me and why would you want a child with someone you don’t live with or married to 😐 don’t want to be referred to as a “baby mamma.”
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm 37, female.
I'm absolutely not broody at all. I've done the whole baby thing - I have four kids. I had my first when I was 21.
I'm now onto the "let's help them study for their exams" stage. There's no way I could go back to the nappies and night feedings stage.

You're only young, you know. You have plenty of time to have children. My parents were 34 & 35 respectively when I (an only child) was born. Being broody is an understandable thing, absolutely normal, but try to just remember that you're not running out of time yet - not at all. Patience is a virtue. It'll happen when it happens.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
5 year old thread 😒
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
5 year old thread 😒
So it is. I didn't notice.
Last edited by PinkMobilePhone; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads