Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a 26 year old female and recently, I've been feeling envious, jealous almost, when I've seen people I know post photo's of their babies/children on Facebook. Do any of you, male or female, of any age, ever feel like this too?

I feel pretty silly but I almost feel annoyed seeing these photo's although I'm happy for the people posting them. Maybe it's jealousy creeping through and deep down, I want a baby (not specifically only an actual baby, but a partner/husband/family of my own etc) I think it annoys me when people who haven't intended on having children and have unexpectedly become a parent and come across as they have a perfect life with a baby they didn't plan on having and seem to focus on the cute baby bit where they're tiny and cute but they don't see beyond that, when there are lots of people who would love a child/family of their own.

I think a lot it is the fact that I'm trying to get some sort of career sorted at the moment and the people I come across as I've stated don't seem bothered about that sort of thing, which is fine and I don't have a problem with this, but in my culture (I'm Indian), a career would have to come first in other people's eyes, then Marriage BEFORE moving in with a partner and starting a family. Sorry if this sounds ridiculous!

Thoughts/opinions welcome. Please state your age and gender when posting if you wish, just out if interest x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I'm only 20 but I do a lot of the time. There are loads of girls I went to school with who have babies now and whenever I see their pictures on Facebook it really makes me want one but the circumstances aren't right at the moment so I'll have to stick to admiring the cute babies I see :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Only when I hold them. When I hold them I resolve to impregnate as many people as possible over the following week but when the baby has gone I remember that I'm useless and it wouldn't be fair for a child to have me as a father right now. :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.