Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long has everyone been lifting? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Cool.

You must be pretty muscular then.

What sort of build are you naturally out of interest?
    Why must someone who lifts that weight be anywhere near 'muscular'. Do you even lift?

*Yes I am aware they're female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    bench: 20kg
    ohp: 10kg
    squat: 30kg
    deadlift: 45kg

5 ft 8 and around 68kg
    manlike

ReputationRep:
    80? that number scares me i wanna get to 70, that'd be enough for me. its really hard for me to gain weight anyway so 70 would be amazing. however i gain muscle super fast, luckily

*most men

why would i lie about it? :lol:
    depends, mostly 2x5 and 1x3 for deads

i noticed that i follow a routine that is different from most people, found what works the best for my body, nothing wrong with that. and its working so why should i change it

and um thats a face pic, that was actually taken back in summer. i get criticised for my gym routine a lot lol, nothing new tbh :/
    But to be fair you should be lifting more. If you weigh 68kg and you can only bench 20kg then I don't think it's muscle

ReputationRep:
    started 5/3/1 programme last august 2015
    my current numbers are : Squat 205kgs, Deadlifts 205kgs, Bench 140kgs

ReputationRep:
    2/3 years ish - Comp at end of year before im 21 and no longer a junior in most.

Bench at 140kg

Deadlift at 245kg

Squat at 1kg......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    But to be fair you should be lifting more. If you weigh 68kg and you can only bench 20kg then I don't think it's muscle
    i do callisthenics.

im not fat lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeliciousAbs)
    Why must someone who lifts that weight be anywhere near 'muscular'. Do you even lift?

*Yes I am aware they're female.

Bro do you even lift?

I asked because 68kg is pretty heavy for a slim woman even if she is above average height.

I assumed she had put on quite a lot of muscle.

ReputationRep:
    i do callisthenics.

im not fat lol
    I'll take your word for it You could try and up the weight next gym sesh and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    I've never benched in my life. I just eat a lot and do some cardio work out but very rarely. Do people also bench to get bigger arms and better abs? I have proof that you don't always need to..

Sorry for going off topic..

ReputationRep:
    Bro do you even lift?

I asked because 68kg is pretty heavy for a slim woman even if she is above average height.

I don't even gym, I was born this way.

Fair enough bro. Ignore me im tired and angry about my micro penis.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take your word for it You could try and up the weight next gym sesh and see what happens.
    thank you omg!! idk why everyones assuming I'm making up numbers ffs

tbh this made me realise that i should probably get a personal trainer. and yeah i will change it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    I've never benched in my life. I just eat a lot and do some cardio work out but very rarely. Do people also bench to get bigger arms and better abs? I have proof that you don't always need to..

Idiot detected.

thank you omg!! idk why everyones assuming I'm making up numbers ffs

tbh this made me realise that i should probably get a personal trainer. and yeah i will change it up
    Personal trainers are expensive. Bodybuilding forums offers good advice... most of the time haha.

ReputationRep:
    Idiot detected.

Personal trainers are expensive. Bodybuilding forums offers good advice... most of the time haha.
    Idiot detected? Sounds like someone is butt-hurt on a Saturday evening...
    I was just stating what I've done, I'm not criticising anything. In fact I watch a lot of weight training from experts in Barbell Brigade, I just have no passion doing it as I can't see myself as a weight lifter.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bro do you even lift?

This.

I'm two inches taller and slightly heavier. I'm light and lacking muscle (for a guy) but not 'that' bad. Better than most of my friends... So to be that weight, slim and female makes me dubious of that claim.

i do callisthenics.

im not fat lol
    So pull ups, handstands... Stuff like that?

I'm not calling you a liar but your weight is rather high for a slim female (factoring in your height) who lifts what you do weight wise.... Good on you if you are genuine though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeliciousAbs)
    I don't even gym, I was born this way.

Fair enough bro. Ignore me im tired and angry about my micro penis.

No worries bro.

Do you agree?

I looked into it a bit more.

According to Google footballer Theo Walcott is 68kg (5'9). He is obviously in shape and has muscle.

Ivy must have packed on some muscle to be 68kg.

All I'm sayin.

ReputationRep:
    80? that number scares me i wanna get to 70, that'd be enough for me. its really hard for me to gain weight anyway so 70 would be amazing. however i gain muscle super fast, luckily

*most men

why would i lie about it? :lol:
    depends, mostly 2x5 and 1x3 for deads

i noticed that i follow a routine that is different from most people, found what works the best for my body, nothing wrong with that. and its working so why should i change it

and um thats a face pic, that was actually taken back in summer. i get criticised for my gym routine a lot lol, nothing new tbh :/
    Wait I'm so confused...most women could do numbers untrained/very close to it depending on which one we are talking about and so could 99% of men who had never touched a weight except those with extreme physical illness/deformities so you're really not on the path to being stronger than most people lol.

And what do you mean thats a 'face' pic? As in you aspire to have a similar face? Well you can neither change your face without surgery nor is anyone gonna assume you were referring to the face when you post a picture of a scantily clad woman posing with weights who is clearly very muscular as far as women go.

I don't mean to be rude, but my ******** detector is literally off the charts with you claiming to gain muscle very easily, having figured out 'what works' for your body, having lifted for 1.5 years, having a physique 'close to' a very well developed female model while claiming to have numbers that suggest you've never stepped foot in a gym (OHP/bench) or have been training less than or around 1 month as a woman (squat/dead).

That woman will easily be able to squat/dead 100kg+ I imagine. Wouldn't want to guess at upper body as I've not seen enough women train those to be able to match a level of development with level of strength, but I'd imagine at least a 40kg odd OHP and 60kg bench!

Just to be are clear, you are talking about the total weight lifted, including the bar, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)

Would like to see this 'proof'. Inb4 skinny 13/14 inch arms.

ReputationRep:
    No worries bro.

Do you agree?

I looked into it a bit more.

According to Google footballer Theo Walcott is 68kg (5'9). He is obviously in shape and has muscle.

Ivy must have packed on some muscle to be 68kg.

All I'm sayin.
    Yeah to be 5,8 and 68kg and females she' either fat or has a decent amount of muscle or both.

ReputationRep:
    If guys here thinks that 68 kgs is pretty heavy for a woman. you need some more gainzz bruh. hehehe

ReputationRep:
    1.5 years
    do you have a booty?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.