Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Putting personalised number plates on a CAT C Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

First query

I just wanted to find out if it's possible to put a private number plate on a category c vehicle?
    the car has been fully repaired and roadworthy
    I am thinking to buy a personalised plate on the DVLA Website

Second query:

Also, if I CAN'T add a personalised number plate on a vehicle for it being a CAT C...Can I change the original number plate it is on now to another random original number plate?

like for example pretend if my number plate was GR57UJP
    would it be possible to contact the DVLA so they can randomly choose another number plate on a 57 plate? for instance: LR57NSZ

Sounds weird but I am a bit superstitious

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    what is category C vehicle?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not as you are putting the plate on it afterwards so it shouldn't be an issue. The DVLA are the ones you need to talk to though.

ReputationRep:
    So long as the vehicle is not on a Q plate or the numberplate you're attempting to put on the vehicle would make it appear newer than the date it was first registered i.e trying to put a 55 plate on a 51 plate car, then you can put your numberplate on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.