Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, ii have a bit of a dilemma. I am currently at university,i been attending lectures and seminars for the past 5 months,i am in my first year. unfortunately i suddenly feel that the degree i am studying for isn't really for me .1 was wondering if i can drop out now??? or ASAP and go back to college and get a higher qualification so i can go on to do LAW,would this affect my fees and student loan.need advice and info

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can change your education/career path at any point but I would advise speaking to your Uni advisor to talk about next steps instead of acting too hastily and dropping out immediately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Of course you can change your education/career path at any point but I would advise speaking to your Uni advisor to talk about next steps instead of acting too hastily and dropping out immediately
    hmm thanks very much appreciated, i need info on the student fees+more . wanna drop out. just dont want to spend uness money
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by kevinwose2)
    hi, ii have a bit of a dilemma. I am currently at university,i been attending lectures and seminars for the past 5 months,i am in my first year. unfortunately i suddenly feel that the degree i am studying for isn't really for me .1 was wondering if i can drop out now??? or ASAP and go back to college and get a higher qualification so i can go on to do LAW,would this affect my fees and student loan.need advice and info
    Over 50% of lawyers qualify with a non law degree.

The issues are as follows if you choose to leave:

1. You will need to check how much of this years fees you are responsible for. Leaving sooner rather than later to minimise costs if you insist you must do a law degree.
    2. Getting on a decent law course is competitive, so you will need to be sure you have the ability and determination.
    3. You will now have an extra year to civer, so etting a job and saving money wouldnt be a bad thing.
    4. During your law degree, then you can get a firm to sponsor you for the LPC (1 year) and also give you a training contract (2 years). This can save you tens of thousands of £'s.
    5. It is very competitive, so if you dont get picked, then you could find you get no TC and pay for your own fees.

Before you make another mistake, be sure a law degree is what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    nice one cheers buddy very helpful

ReputationRep:
    1. Find a friend and someone to financially back you up
    2. Make computers in your garage
    3. ???
    4. Profit

ReputationRep:
    you get a full degrees funding plus a 'gift year' so if you drop out now and this is your first course you will still receive full funding for another course, although you will obviously have more debt at the end of it as they've lent you money for an extra year

you should check out whether you can resit your A levels, you might have to pay to do this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.