Is there a huge difference between A-leel and BTEC level 3. Watch

adrianno129
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am really confused because I don't know whethere I want to do A-levels or BTEC level 3 Engineering in my college.
I am not kind of person which likes to revise most of the time and write exams after, I do prefere to do coursework and practical.
I have done BTEC level 2 science in secondary school and I find it really useful because I knew what I was doing and I find it interesting.
I want to do BTEC level 3 Engineering because I think that I will find it more intresting than doing A-levels because I like enigineering as a whole and I am pretty sure that I will find it easy as I do find things easy which I am interested in.
Overall I think that I will enjoy BTEC level 3 enngineering way more then I would find A-levels becuse I don't like doing revision and writing exams as thay are stressful and I always get stucked even on the topics which I know where as in BTEC level 3 engineering I will do my work and I will have it marked staright as I am doing it.
I also want to do degree in university after I finish 2 year course in college because I want to get as much qualification as I can in the area that I am planning to work in.
So this is where my question comes because I don't whethere the A-levels are worth all the stress and all the exams later on in life, would it affect your wage dramatically in the job. I know that A-levels are better than BTEC level 3 but re they way better? I don't know. That's why I am looking to find answer on this forum.
Real_jenn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Overall,A-levels do convey slight superiority over BTECs however if you are not too fused on university reputation then I shall I advice you to do BTECs
Best of luck 😊😊
Shiv is Light
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adrianno129)
I am really confused because I don't know whethere I want to do A-levels or BTEC level 3 Engineering in my college.
I am not kind of person which likes to revise most of the time and write exams after, I do prefere to do coursework and practical.
I have done BTEC level 2 science in secondary school and I find it really useful because I knew what I was doing and I find it interesting.
I want to do BTEC level 3 Engineering because I think that I will find it more intresting than doing A-levels because I like enigineering as a whole and I am pretty sure that I will find it easy as I do find things easy which I am interested in.
Overall I think that I will enjoy BTEC level 3 enngineering way more then I would find A-levels becuse I don't like doing revision and writing exams as thay are stressful and I always get stucked even on the topics which I know where as in BTEC level 3 engineering I will do my work and I will have it marked staright as I am doing it.
I also want to do degree in university after I finish 2 year course in college because I want to get as much qualification as I can in the area that I am planning to work in.
So this is where my question comes because I don't whethere the A-levels are worth all the stress and all the exams later on in life, would it affect your wage dramatically in the job. I know that A-levels are better than BTEC level 3 but re they way better? I don't know. That's why I am looking to find answer on this forum.
Yes there is a huge difference, a levels are far more respected and open you up to more courses. While BTECs are now recognised by most universities they still are not considered as good a A levels
thad33
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you think you can do the A Levels and do well then take them. Definitely.

If you're poor at exams then doing well in btec is better than doing poorly in A Level. However not many of the good universities will take you on without a levels, especially if you haven't got A Level maths.

So to conclude, A Levels are better (a lot? Maybe).

Posted from TSR Mobile
adrianno129
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am not feeling confident about A-levels because I know myself and I don't think that I am going to find it easy speacially the exams. That's why I am planning to do BTEC level 3 and getting those distinctions which are equivilent to 3 A-levels because I know that I will enjoy this course and because I am going to enjoy it that will make it easy for me to pass it at really high standars. I think that I can try to do a degree in uni later on in my life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (271)
67.08%
No (133)
32.92%

Watched Threads