Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    They are classed as vulnerable people as they are homeless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Homeless in general isn't the number 1 priority in housing/sorting out bed and breakfast. The high risk categories are about to be evicted with kids or about to be evicted as a women or being elderly and having no where to live. Homeless men, especially ones who have previously had council housing are not a priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    You need to get this chip off your shoulder or you won't just be failingstudent, you'll be failinginlifeforever.
    I've accepted it won't change but it still exists

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    Homeless in general isn't the number 1 priority in housing/sorting out bed and breakfast. The high risk categories are about to be evicted with kids or about to be evicted as a women or being elderly and having no where to live. Homeless men, especially ones who have previously had council housing are not a priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so your saying homeless women get priority over a homeless man why is this .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mstone12)
    so your saying homeless women get priority over a homeless man why is this .
    Because the reason a women is homeless is more likely to be due to a reason that gives them higher priority (such as domestic violence), also although it's not official I know council workers who will favour giving the women the place in accommodation over the man purely because life in the street is tougher for a woman. Rape and physical crimes are more likely to happen as (lets face is Feminists) women are on average much weaker then men (so can not defend themselves against abuse or theft) and are less emotionally stable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because the reason a women is homeless is more likely to be due to a reason that gives them higher priority (such as domestic violence), also although it's not official I know council workers who will favour giving the women the place in accommodation over the man purely because life in the street is tougher for a woman. Rape and physical crimes are more likely to happen as (lets face is Feminists) women are on average much weaker then men (so can not defend themselves against abuse or theft) and are less emotionally stable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    life in the street in winter is tough for anyone just saying some women could get raped etc isn't really a valid excuse for favoritism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mstone12)
    life in the street in winter is tough for anyone just saying some women could get raped etc isn't really a valid excuse for favoritism.
    You clearly didn't read what I wrote I said it is harder, that's not dismissing that it is hard for men it's just more difficult for women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You clearly didn't read what I wrote I said it is harder, that's not dismissing that it is hard for men it's just more difficult for women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i was homeless myself last year i disagree you cant just say its harder for someone based purely on gender

ReputationRep:
    I see so many homeless people in my town centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Correct I am talking about facilities where the homeless would live for intensive mental health care and drug rehabilitation rather than support groups and a weekly appointment to see a counsellor which largely doesn't work for these people.
    Would they be allowed to leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Would they be allowed to leave?
    That's down to the policy makers.

If it were me they would be sectioned

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.