Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so since this yeAr, academic year, I've had a a bad crush on this guy in my class.
    I'm 100% sure he doesn't like me and that's all I think of sometimes. I stand no chance whatsoever. I mistake his friendliness for flirting. Pathetic, I know.

If he recommends something or says blah blah is a good TV series/movie/whatever, I will go home and watch it just so I can discuss it with him.
    He said he had Reddit, so I went and got Reddit. He said he had whatsapp so I went and got it. That's actually the only reason I have whatsapp and he doesn't even text me for like two months. When he does, and I reply , he never texts back.

I literally try to be alike as much as I can, and he must be creeped out tbh but I can't help it. I'm becoming obsessive.

Yesterday, I had a dream about him and that's when I knew I had to do something about this.

How do I get over him?!?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so since this yeAr, academic year, I've had a a bad crush on this guy in my class.
    I'm 100% sure he doesn't like me and that's all I think of sometimes. I stand no chance whatsoever. I mistake his friendliness for flirting. Pathetic, I know.

If he recommends something or says blah blah is a good TV series/movie/whatever, I will go home and watch it just so I can discuss it with him.
    He said he had Reddit, so I went and got Reddit. He said he had whatsapp so I went and got it. That's actually the only reason I have whatsapp and he doesn't even text me for like two months. When he does, and I reply , he never texts back.

I literally try to be alike as much as I can, and he must be creeped out tbh but I can't help it. I'm becoming obsessive.

Yesterday, I had a dream about him and that's when I knew I had to do something about this.

How do I get over him?!?
    Block his number, don't go on reddit etc. For someone not to text back is just.. meh, and if it were a normal person I think you'd have not responded to them, and avoid him (even if he is in you class).

ReputationRep:
    Go t't gym, dress in tight jeans and hammer the club circuit. Dont wanna get hung up about one particular ****.

ReputationRep:
    The fact he doesn't even show enough interest to text you back after 2 months shows that he's not all that.

Just take a step back and stop talking to him. Stop changing yourself to impress a guy, you'll just end up making yourself feel like ****.
    Every time you think of him distract yourself with something you love to do. Not what he likes. Block his number, his whatsapp, everything for now. Just act like he doesn't exist. If he wants to talk to you, sure. But don't initiate anything yourself because you'll start over thinking things and getting yourself caught up in the same rut you are in.

Thanks guys. All the advice is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Getting over a guy takes different amount of time for each person. I personally would recommend being yourself near him and see how this can help.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.