Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i've been reading my horoscopes and..... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i can't help thinking that i wont get into my first choice uni!

most of the horoscopes for the month of july go like..."you are fired up about a plan but the plan falls flat and you have to explore your options".....

ARGH!!! i know this is stupid but i'm really really worried right now...

july 6th and the results come out......im shaking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangrene)

most of the horoscopes for the month of july go like..."you are fired up about a plan but the plan falls flat and you have to explore your options".....

horoscopes don't mean anything...
    don't take any notice of it- if you have worked hard then you will be fine...
    They are so general that anyone could look at them and relate them to their life- just try not to think about it!!

You will be fine- you have already done the exams and nothing can change how you did in them...just try to relax

Love Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:

What star sign are you Please don't say Gemini..

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeh not gemini...

Really though, I don't believe horoscopes are anything more than cold reading - making up things that could apply to absolutely anybody, and because your mind is open to the possibility you take the slightest thing that could fit that horoscope to mean that it's absolutely true...

I could have a plan to say, eat an omellete today, but oh no! we're out of eggs. Looks like I'll have to explore other options...

ReputationRep:
    horoscopes are incompetent

ReputationRep:
    my A2 psychology exam had a question about dependence on horoscopes (just thought I'd mention that). Anyways, you are in control of your life, it hasn't already been dictated by the stars. So dont worry about it

ReputationRep:

It's a horoscope, people probably sit down and have lots of fun making them up. Don't pay any attention to it

Edit: What's wrong with geminis?

ReputationRep:
    I am a gemini, there's nothing wrong with it, just that if it the horoscope was gemini we'd be in the same position...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.