The Student Room Group

Which uni would be better for investment banking?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by modnar
I have considered something like that, maybe by september i'll have a better idea of what i want to do. I'm girl by the way haha

Yeah it's an idea! Sorry :colondollar:. Sweet storm trooper outfit.
Reply 21
Original post by stochasticking
Yeah it's an idea! Sorry :colondollar:. Sweet storm trooper outfit.

Its alright and thanks haha :colondollar: are you at uni now and what are you wanting to do as a career?
Original post by modnar
Its alright and thanks haha :colondollar: are you at uni now and what are you wanting to do as a career?

I'm doing a MSc in Mathematical Finance and my goal was to become a quant. Unfortunately I'm not doing it at a target uni but QMUL. The more I've studied the more I've enjoyed the topic and I've been thinking about maybe going into academia. Both careers require a PhD so it's still a long way off haha
Ps I did a subject at undergrad that I really regretted picking after, so I was speaking from experience before .
Reply 23
I'm doing a MSc in Mathematical Finance and my goal was to become a quant. Unfortunately I'm not doing it at a target uni but QMUL. The more I've studied the more I've enjoyed the topic and I've been thinking about maybe going into academia. Both careers require a PhD so it's still a long way off haha
Ps I did a subject at undergrad that I really regretted picking after, so I was speaking from experience before .

QMUL is still really good and I suppose it being in London may help?? what was the subject you did before? good luck with getting your MSc and PhD though and whatever you decide to do in the future! :biggrin:
Original post by modnar
QMUL is still really good and I suppose it being in London may help?? what was the subject you did before? good luck with getting your MSc and PhD though and whatever you decide to do in the future! :biggrin:

It may help a little, I want to try and upgrade a little if I can find a suitable supervisor for a PhD. I studied Biology at undergrad and did an intensive conversion course in Finance before I started my MSc in Mathematical Finance. The course was equivalent to competing the essential elements of a bachelors degree in a year. Thank you, good luck too getting into your chosen unis :h:
Reply 25
It may help a little, I want to try and upgrade a little if I can find a suitable supervisor for a PhD. I studied Biology at undergrad and did an intensive conversion course in Finance before I started my MSc in Mathematical Finance. The course was equivalent to competing the essential elements of a bachelors degree in a year. Thank you, good luck too getting into your chosen unis :h:

What was it that you didn't enjoy about biology and what made you want to study mathematical finance? sorry for all the questions haha and thanks! :h:
Original post by modnar
What was it that you didn't enjoy about biology and what made you want to study mathematical finance? sorry for all the questions haha and thanks! :h:

I hated the coursework and lab. I knew by final year I definitely couldn't see myself using my degree in a future career. I like maths, I liked a lot at school. I liked applied maths, I'm interested in finance and the stock market, and some economics. So putting everything together Mathematical Finance was the best choice. I have half my modules from Mathematical Sciences and half from Economics & Finance. Haha no worries ask away!
Reply 27
I hated the coursework and lab. I knew by final year I definitely couldn't see myself using my degree in a future career. I like maths, I liked a lot at school. I liked applied maths, I'm interested in finance and the stock market, and some economics. So putting everything together Mathematical Finance was the best choice. I have half my modules from Mathematical Sciences and half from Economics & Finance. Haha no worries ask away!

Haha I've got no questions left for the moment but probably will later and again good luck in you future :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending