Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have been studying a master part time for last two half years and am in the process of completing my dissertation, however I have lost all motivation for the course and if it wasn't for the fact I had paid out of my own pocket to do it I would have dropped out at this point. In terms of the reason I think it partly down to personal life having had most things that could go wrong go wrong, parent divorce,relationship troubles, job I hate, to unemployed to zero contracts and brief period where faced becoming homeless. With quality of education that has gone downhill since the previous head was replaced. While the first year was good in second year, I found I was ignored as part time student being enrolled late on all my modules last year including my dissertation despite contacting them two months in advance.

In terms of my actually dissertation, I was actually motivated until found my tutor had no interest ignoring my emails for weeks and during my proposal, said about doing meeting the next Tuesday despite it being in on the Monday after ignoring email for almost two weeks. When I pointed this out he stated he did not know the dates of when it needed in.

As result had rush something just hand in on Monday with no clear direction ended up with 52% for my troubles. Now I am doing report and I simply don't care, I don't care about the course or dissertation and the fleeting moments I do I am just see myself working my ass off with no help to end up with **** grade as result.

Overall I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your hard work - a Masters is a Masters, regardless of the grade, and you'll have it for the rest of your life.

If all you do is plod along and finish it just to spite those who've let you down, that's motivation enough. As John Lydon would say - "Anger is an energy".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.