Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If women with 'muscles' are masculine then men without are feminine. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUT456)
    They are extreme feminists. They are trying to tell men they should like masculine women when they do not. Everything is sexism to feminist. People prefer gender roles anyway. Gender roles exist because people prefer to live this way. These extreme feminists should stop trying to change everyone. I will say no more.
    Good. I'm sick of trying to explain basic freedom to you.
    (And for the record, your last post's a load of misguided, shockingly narrow-minded BS too.)

ReputationRep:
    I like the muscle man, but i think it is horrible that women have a muscle!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I appreciate a woman who goes to the gym and has a great body physique. However I am more talking that fitness type of model.

Women who weightlift seriously, and have proper muscle mass not just definition and tone, I am sorry but I personally find that unattractive. I dare say that that is a small minority that actually get to that point though:

Sorry but that just looks nasty. Think about it this way, there are certain characteristics that generalize sexes e.g. adams apple on males, muscles on males, vs wider hips on women for example. So if a woman displays a typical male characteristic to a large extent, do you really think it is surprising that there will be males who do not find that attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing, some women don't give a **** what men find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    username

ReputationRep:
    I would have said androgynous rather than feminine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaCalavera)
    Funny thing, some women don't give a **** what men find attractive.
    I am sure a pitbull doesn't give a **** either that I think he is ugly. Nor does a Labrador give a **** that I think he is gorgeous. Doesn't mean I can talk about it, or argue about it with someone of an opposing viewpoint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    I am sure a pitbull doesn't give a **** either that I think he is ugly. Nor does a Labrador give a **** that I think he is gorgeous. Doesn't mean I can talk about it, or argue about it with someone of an opposing viewpoint.
    It's when people discuss women with muscles it always becomes a discussion like
    "Why would women want to be muscly? Men don't find it attractive"
    Or if someone talks about women with muscles it's like "okay great but I don't find it attractive".
    So what? Nobody is asking if it's attractive, at least not in this thread.

A thread about masculinity and femininity became about pretty/not pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaCalavera)
    It's when people discuss women with muscles it always becomes a discussion like
    "Why would women want to be muscly? Men don't find it attractive"
    Or if someone talks about women with muscles it's like "okay great but I don't find it attractive".
    So what? Nobody is asking if it's attractive, at least not in this thread.

A thread about masculinity and femininity became about pretty/not pretty.
    Ah I see what you mean now. Yes you are right in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Some muscle on a girl is OK, but obvs you don't want a bird who is a major hench

ReputationRep:
    i suspect a woman with defined muscles from weightlifting will have high testosterone. likewise a man who doesn't train will have low testosterone. to define a person as 'masculine' would depend on their testosterone level. so yes, women who take anabolic steroids can be considered masculine because they can match the testosterone level of low-t men.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.