Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeydr)
    I feel like my family hates me, my mom and aunt haven't spoken to me for more than a week now. My dad who lives abroad never phones me, he has probably phoned me 3 times in the whole year. My elder brother and sister probably dont even know i exist and only talk to me when they have to. My young brother and sisters dont have time for me theyre busy with eachother, i dont think I have any importance. Sometimes I feel that if I just passed away it wouldnt even affect my parents or sibling life. I do really like them all and care about them and had always watched other peoples relationship with their parents or siblings and wished I had the same, I know that the reason why I am not close to my family is most of my fault as I have the biggest attitude problem, I'm moody, rude, ungrateful,arrogant and the list goes on. I believe if anyone had to describe me in a few words that would be their response and people have said that to my face. I dont know why i cant fix my attitude, i wish i could but right now i feel hated and like i have no meaning to my family.
    A lot of people feel like that sometimes but I assure its not true, I'm sure your family do love you very much, if you're living away from home it's perfectly normal to feel lonely and a bit sympathetic towards yourself but I'm sure you knew deep down your family lovess you. If you feel that your attitude may be causing them to keep some distance, change it, reach out to them and be kind and respectful, that's the way to a happy family relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    A lot of people feel like that sometimes but I assure its not true, I'm sure your family do love you very much, if you're living away from home it's perfectly normal to feel lonely and a bit sympathetic towards yourself but I'm sure you knew deep down your family lovess you. If you feel that your attitude may be causing them to keep some distance, change it, reach out to them and be kind and respectful, that's the way to a happy family relationship
    Thats the problem I cant change my personality, I try so hard but i end up showing attitude. My mom hasnt spoken to me for a week and I dont know how to fix it and me and my dad never had a good relationship so I cant do anything to improve that

ReputationRep:
    Thats the problem I cant change my personality, I try so hard but i end up showing attitude. My mom hasnt spoken to me for a week and I dont know how to fix it and me and my dad never had a good relationship so I cant do anything to improve that
    Where there's a will there's a way, perhaps you need to look further into the root of your attitude? Also, communication is key in all family relationships, speak to your mother about how you're feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Where there's a will there's a way, perhaps you need to look further into the root of your attitude? Also, communication is key in all family relationships, speak to your mother about how you're feeling
    If only my mom understood feelings, she always manages to blame everything on me and my personality but never tries to understand what I'm going through. but i'll try.

ReputationRep:
    If only my mom understood feelings, she always manages to blame everything on me and my personality but never tries to understand what I'm going through. but i'll try.
    In that case, it could be a good idea to speak to a counsellor or a friend? Someone who's impartial can often help relive the stress by just listening to you and they might be able to give you some good advice

ReputationRep:
    You just have to keep trying, you can do it, you're just making yourself think you can't. The fact that you've admitted it's your fault is a positive sign, it shows humility and willingness to accept ones mistakes, something that most people lack. Try to do things that make you happy to relieve stress (as you may be dealing with stress, consciously or subconsciously; and this isn't to patronise you, but try to do simple things like helping your family out whenever they need it, be proactive, smile at them, start conversations and when you talk make sure you remain conscious of your behaviour, it'll be hard but that's probably because you're not used to it, hence, it doesn't feel natural. But after a while of working at it, it will become. a lot easier

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.