Turn on thread page Beta

Is this weird? Messaging an old friends mum.... watch

I was wondering if it would be weird to message an old friends mum.. Here's the story...
    My friend and I were close in year 7 and 8 and some of year 9. When year 10 started my friend moved away 3 months into the school year, on their last day of school we didn't really talk because I didn't want to have to say goodbye but now I'm really regretting it because they have deleted their social networking account and I have no way of catching up with them or seeing how they are.. This is where their mum comes in, I recently found their mum on facebook but I am not friends with her, I only met the mum twice and we didn't really talk but I didn't like her anyway from what my friend was saying about her.. ANYWAY.. Do you think it would be weird messaging the mum to ask how my friend is seen as I have no way of contacting my friend directly? Especially where I don't think the mum will even remember me or even want to reply lol.. But yeah, would it be weird or not?
    Post your opinions please as I really don't know
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it would be weird.

I once looked up the phone number of someone who had been a close friend at secondary school, spoke to his dad a little and asked if he could get him to ring me back. Never did. Meh :nothing:

Who needs friends anyway :getmecoat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.