Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was wondering if it would be weird to message an old friends mum.. Here's the story...
    My friend and I were close in year 7 and 8 and some of year 9. When year 10 started my friend moved away 3 months into the school year, on their last day of school we didn't really talk because I didn't want to have to say goodbye but now I'm really regretting it because they have deleted their social networking account and I have no way of catching up with them or seeing how they are.. This is where their mum comes in, I recently found their mum on facebook but I am not friends with her, I only met the mum twice and we didn't really talk but I didn't like her anyway from what my friend was saying about her.. ANYWAY.. Do you think it would be weird messaging the mum to ask how my friend is seen as I have no way of contacting my friend directly? Especially where I don't think the mum will even remember me or even want to reply lol.. But yeah, would it be weird or not?
    Post your opinions please as I really don't know
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it would be weird.

I once looked up the phone number of someone who had been a close friend at secondary school, spoke to his dad a little and asked if he could get him to ring me back. Never did. Meh :nothing:

Who needs friends anyway :getmecoat:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.