Turn on thread page Beta

I fell in love with my best friend that's the same gender as me... watch

Announcements

Okay so we're not friends anymore but when I was in year 8 I realised I really liked my best friend.. I never told them as I didn't want to ruin the friendship because I knew it would be awkward because of my sexual preference.. But then they had to move away to another part of the country and it was just horrible. We didn't speak on their last day because I don't think either of us wanted to say goodbye but I was contemplating whether or not to tell them (but I didn't) I really regret not saying goodbye now.. But since they left I actually realised that I fell in love with them.. I can't stop thinking about them, I often have dreams that we met up again and that we were 'together'.. But I have no way of keeping in touch with them because they deleted their social networking accounts..
    I just don't know what to do because it's been 2 years 3 months 7 days since they left (wow that sounds creepy... lol) I suppose I only remember that because of how much I liked them.. But I haven't spoken to them since then... I don't know what to do about it? Do I move on? It's difficult though.. Do I try and get in touch with them? If I manage to get in touch with them, do I tell them how I feel? I don't know lol

ReputationRep:
    If they're in another country you have no choice but to move on. Long distance relationships are ...
    You could tell them to get it off your chest.Although this would help you, they may not be able to return the feelings and rejecting someone might negatively impact them . So... I dunno

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.