Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there guys, I'm 25 and I've been having abit of depression with my work. It has nothing to do with my degree and it's a night job. I need help with trying to get into a better mood. I feel like a career change is needed but I have no qualifications in what I'm interested in and feel like I'm going into a terrible spiral. I have a 10 month old boy and he's amazing but I don't have much time to myself with him as I work the nights and my girlfriend works the days so I'm looking after him during the day. I love gaming and I love animation programs. I can't really draw and I don't have much chance of getting a job in gaming without going back to university. I desperately need some help before I go insane.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I'll give you the following tips:

1. be sure to get enough rest and proper nutrition .
    2. If you cnat deal with things go and see your GP.
    3. Open an account on national careers service, there you can explore skills and careers.
    4. Identufy what you wnat to do and make a plan i.e 25 steps you cna take to get from where you are to there. You wont do it in one big step.
    5. Work out budget and see where you cna save time and mney to put towards your plan.
    6. Put plan into action.

It is possible to get into gaming as I have friends who wnated to do that, but be realistic, as its no fun for some people and they neded up quitting and reserving gaming for playing them.

Having a plan gives you hope. Putting research and being realistic gives you more chance of making it happen.Theres plenty you cna do before you leap and without jeopardising the responsibility of looking after your wife and child.

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to get another job at the same level which is more standard hours? there's a lot of evidence that working unsociable hours is really tough on you physically and I wouldn't be surprised if it's contributing to the depression

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.