Hi there guys, I'm 25 and I've been having abit of depression with my work. It has nothing to do with my degree and it's a night job. I need help with trying to get into a better mood. I feel like a career change is needed but I have no qualifications in what I'm interested in and feel like I'm going into a terrible spiral. I have a 10 month old boy and he's amazing but I don't have much time to myself with him as I work the nights and my girlfriend works the days so I'm looking after him during the day. I love gaming and I love animation programs. I can't really draw and I don't have much chance of getting a job in gaming without going back to university. I desperately need some help before I go insane.
Turn on thread page Beta
Work depression watch
- Thread Starter
- 28-02-2016 08:55
Offline19Very Important Poster
- Very Important Poster
- 28-02-2016 09:06
I'll give you the following tips:
1. be sure to get enough rest and proper nutrition .
2. If you cnat deal with things go and see your GP.
3. Open an account on national careers service, there you can explore skills and careers.
4. Identufy what you wnat to do and make a plan i.e 25 steps you cna take to get from where you are to there. You wont do it in one big step.
5. Work out budget and see where you cna save time and mney to put towards your plan.
6. Put plan into action.
It is possible to get into gaming as I have friends who wnated to do that, but be realistic, as its no fun for some people and they neded up quitting and reserving gaming for playing them.
Having a plan gives you hope. Putting research and being realistic gives you more chance of making it happen.Theres plenty you cna do before you leap and without jeopardising the responsibility of looking after your wife and child.
- 28-02-2016 11:00
is it possible to get another job at the same level which is more standard hours? there's a lot of evidence that working unsociable hours is really tough on you physically and I wouldn't be surprised if it's contributing to the depression