Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Edge.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  103.1 KBAttachment 508427508429
    For accommodation would would you say its like, as in first thoughts general stuff what you like dont like.
    Its a studio at around 140 pw for a 44 week contract
    Would this be too expensive to live, would it mean youre not left with a suitable budget after rent bills etc are included and i should receive the full £8200 loan.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    you'd be spending £6000 approximately... in my opinion leaving yourself with £2000 is too little, you can probably get by on that, but I would take a cheaper room somewhere and have more for living costs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    you'd be spending £6000 approximately... in my opinion leaving yourself with £2000 is too little, you can probably get by on that, but I would take a cheaper room somewhere and have more for living costs
    It would be around £6500 max but parents would help with food costs and such i will be working prior to going so will have a fair chunk of money do you think its worth living in a more "glamorous" apartment just for the first year.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion? Irresponsible waste of money. But that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    It would be around £6500 max but parents would help with food costs and such i will be working prior to going so will have a fair chunk of money do you think its worth living in a more "glamorous" apartment just for the first year.
    in my opinion absolutely not... I would rather save money and have some flatmates for one, I think living alone will be lonely and you'll struggle to make friends, and aside from that it's just unnecessary, I would much rather than £1500-2500 depending on your city and have that money for travelling in the summer or for a savings account if you genuinely don't need it for living costs

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.