Thread content: examples of cheating in pre-uni exams

:nope:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Thread title: cheating at uni
    Thread content: examples of cheating in pre-uni exams

:nope:
    dat intelligence/awareness level.

Anyway no not witnessed myself. I know a guy who in 1st year boasted he had written some stuff on the underside of his arm, but if he did he's a thick as **** since he still failed the year and I believe the exam in the module he was referring to.

The classic pre-uni mistake you hear of people not realising there's a page on the back of the exam, or say when you can choose what to answer they select the wrong ones, wrong number etc...heard of a reasonable amount of that....which just scares me tbh....how can you do that at GCSE let alone University ffs.

ReputationRep:
    This was years ago but for one of my A-level resits I kinda cheated and wrote acronyms I made up on the bottom of my palm before entering the exam so that i could remember key definitions for my computing exam.

Turns out the stuff I had written actually came up and i got it all correct. #NoRegrets.

ReputationRep:
    during my A levels I had an exam "clash" as well as 4 other students who did the same 2 subjects. We had to sit in silence in a room until our second exam. When the 2nd one started the invigilator just sat at the front of the room reading. The guys sat behind me whispered answers and equations to each other the whole way through the maths paper.

ReputationRep:
    On my CISCO networking exam.. I had no need to cheat... the teacher shut the door and told the whole class the answers. We all passed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    Have you guys ever seen people cheat in exams or in presentations or anything

I saw 1 guy cover his arm in notes before 1 exam I herd some guys out side the class arranging what questions they will ask each other and finally I saw a guy being told to leave after he went to the loo he dropped some paper on his way in and the invidulator picked it up he was reading notes for the question in the loo.

What have you guys seen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is an interesting story: The invigilator was reading a newspaper in the hall. Soon after, he drooped on the newspaper and everyone thought he was asleep, so two boys started cheating and exchanging papers. Then, suddenly, the invigilator stood up and called the boys who were cheating! Actually he had poked some holes in to the paper, and then he took the boys in front of the whole class and ..............
    .................. after that I can't tell.............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlockholmes96)
    during my A levels I had an exam "clash" as well as 4 other students who did the same 2 subjects. We had to sit in silence in a room until our second exam. When the 2nd one started the invigilator just sat at the front of the room reading. The guys sat behind me whispered answers and equations to each other the whole way through the maths paper.
    NICE NAME: "SHERLOCK HOLMES". I kinda like it.

ReputationRep:
    I remember last year after the C1 exam, there was picture going around over twitter. Someone had managed to take a pic of the actual paper, put it up on snapchat and captioned, "So it begins.."

How they did it I have no idea.

Anyone else remember this?

ReputationRep:
    My friend wore an incredibly baggy jumper to school, like four sizes above his normal size.

The reason was that when he looked down, he could see the list of answers he had sellotaped to the inside of his jumper.

What's even funnier is this: it was a multiple choice paper. And he accidentally missed out the 3rd or 4th question. That caused a frame-shift of answers, i.e. for the 5th question he put the answer to 4, for the 6th question he put the answer to 5.

So from that point on-wards he got every single question incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I remember last year after the C1 exam, there was picture going around over twitter. Someone had managed to take a pic of the actual paper, put it up on snapchat and captioned, "So it begins.."

No way...
    How did the invigilators not see that?

ReputationRep:
    we had our French assessment and had to write a mini essay about something or other and we were allowed to use dictionaries. a friend of mine wrote her entire essay, cut it into little pieces and hid it in the dictionary. whenever she forgot what to write she looked in the dictionary where her answers were and was praised a week later for getting the highest in the class.

I saw 1 guy cover his arm in notes before 1 exam I herd some guys out side the class arranging what questions they will ask each other and finally I saw a guy being told to leave after he went to the loo he dropped some paper on his way in and the invidulator picked it up he was reading notes for the question in the loo.

What have you guys seen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yew is alreddy a pro at jibberish yew wood not need to cheat an exam in BS.

Not really an exam but my ex passed her driving test by giving her examiner a blow job. Turned out that she had passed anyway before giving the BJ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)

Ahh yes, I remember that... If I'm not mistaken, I think that whole c1 thing happened in my local area (Dover...). Correct me if I'm wrong though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    During my undergrad, as I had additional time I was put in a smaller room with only about 20 people. During my second year, there was a closed book law exam happening the same day (for final years) and half way through doing my paper (I was a maths major) I had noticed that there was a guy who was cheating with his own set of notes. For a split second we had made eye contact and he signaled to me not to say anything.

Now to this day I'm still in a conflicted mindset as to whether or not I should have said anything (this May would have been 3 years). I didn't know the guy, I didn't know what caused him to feel that cheating was his only way forward, I didn't know if that was the paper that would have caused him to either pass or fail his degree. I chose not to say anything at the time because I was so focused on doing well on my paper that I didn't need to get dragged into another situation that didn't directly involve me. Who knows what would have happened should I have said something :moon:
    I think not reporting him immediately was correct because it might lead to actions that are harmful toward you on his behalf - if you were the only one who spotted him cheating or made eye contact with him during the exam. But you could have reported this a few month later or during the next term's exams. That way he will not think that it was you who reported him. Or report it to the invigilator and ask him to keep a tab on the student but to not do any action against the said student as it might place your safety in jeopardy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    My friend wore an incredibly baggy jumper to school, like four sizes above his normal size.

The reason was that when he looked down, he could see the list of answers he had sellotaped to the inside of his jumper.

What's even funnier is this: it was a multiple choice paper. And he accidentally missed out the 3rd or 4th question. That caused a frame-shift of answers, i.e. for the 5th question he put the answer to 4, for the 6th question he put the answer to 5.

So from that point on-wards he got every single question incorrect.
    Lol, if he had the answers, he should have just memorized the answers instead. Most people who cheat still places the time into making the notes and cheating material. That is just plain dumb and lazy on his part. An entirely multiple choice paper and he doesn't even bother to study or memorize the answers he already have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsa Ali)
    This is an interesting story: The invigilator was reading a newspaper in the hall. Soon after, he drooped on the newspaper and everyone thought he was asleep, so two boys started cheating and exchanging papers. Then, suddenly, the invigilator stood up and called the boys who were cheating! Actually he had poked some holes in to the paper, and then he took the boys in front of the whole class and ..............
    .................. after that I can't tell.............
    and spanked them in front of the whole class?

ReputationRep:

What have you guys seen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep. In school 9th grade we had some girls writing notes on chits, they wud carry them in their pencil cases. Because it wasn't strict back then, they got away easily.
    I remember being scared as hell cos my exam partner wrote history dates inside her pencil case and threatened to put the blame on me if i told the supervisor. Well luckily, i finished the paper way earlier and cud leave the class. 😁
    I heard she got caught and had to call her parents 👩

ReputationRep:
    Cheating is so complicated and risky that you are far better off just learning the course content...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newcomer1)
    and spanked them in front of the whole class?
    No............even worse.........I guess........................... ...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard of or seen these new cheating watches? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35716523 I have an interview with BBC Radio at 6.45am tomorrow so a real life story would be cool

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.