Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Has anyone heard of or seen these new cheating watches? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35716523 I have an interview with BBC Radio at 6.45am tomorrow so a real life story would be cool
    no but i saw the news story, would never use one myself and tbh they will probably end up banning all watches with all these smart watches emerging. There is always a clock in the exam room anyway though so watches aren't really needed imo x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    no but i saw the news story, would never use one myself and tbh they will probably end up banning all watches with all these smart watches emerging. There is always a clock in the exam room anyway though so watches aren't really needed imo x
    Watches are banned at my school already, particularly as some students have the iwatch and you can interact with your mobile too apparently. I thought that was fair then our school started using metal detectors for the exam too :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    I saw a guy being told to leave after he went to the loo he dropped some paper on his way in and the invidulator picked it up he was reading notes for the question in the loo.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol what a novice.

I always used to write my notes on the inside of my calculator cover. If you write small enough I swear you can fit the entire length of War & Peace onto a calculator cover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newcomer1)
    Lol, if he had the answers, he should have just memorized the answers instead. Most people who cheat still places the time into making the notes and cheating material. That is just plain dumb and lazy on his part. An entirely multiple choice paper and he doesn't even bother to study or memorize the answers he already have.
    Yeah it's true, all the times I've tried writing little notes of my hand or whatever, I've always discovered by the time you mess around doing that you've remembered it anyway.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Darelz)
    I once overheard a guy saying he'd written some key dates on his nail for a history exam. If he was telling the truth, I'm impressed he managed to do it. There's not much room on your nails afterall...
    Nailed it! :toofunny:

...I'll show myself out... :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    A friend on my course takes his mobile phone into exams and googles stuff right there in the exam, if it's suspect he'll go to the toilets. He also has a square ipod with wrist straps so it looks like a watch and he writes notes in the form of song lyrics and puts them onto the ipod. The notes are written in his native language to make it harder to get caught I suppose.

Pretty mad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    A friend on my course takes his mobile phone into exams and googles stuff right there in the exam, if it's suspect he'll go to the toilets. He also has a square ipod with wrist straps so it looks like a watch and he writes notes in the form of song lyrics and puts them onto the ipod. The notes are written in his native language to make it harder to get caught I suppose.

Pretty mad!
    I am pretty sure that any thing that is written not on the test paper will be regarded as cheating. In this day and age, to know a foreign language is too common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Against_Systems)
    we had our French assessment and had to write a mini essay about something or other and we were allowed to use dictionaries. a friend of mine wrote her entire essay, cut it into little pieces and hid it in the dictionary. whenever she forgot what to write she looked in the dictionary where her answers were and was praised a week later for getting the highest in the class.
    I think the teacher should have expected that when you tell what the topic is on an essay test. At least she didn't find someone else to write her essay for her and wrote it herself before hand, which is perfectly fine. She probably remembered her entire essay anyway if she wrote the whole thing herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    lol what a novice.

I always used to write my notes on the inside of my calculator cover. If you write small enough I swear you can fit the entire length of War & Peace onto a calculator cover.
    At my school we have to put calculator covers on the floor haha

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.