Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My parents don't understand my point watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamako2410)
    I have to change trains that will be my mode of commute..
    I can get the idea that my parents are worried about my safety..
    Thats why i am in such a dilemma and end up regretting my decisions
    wait how old are you? like seriously I travelled about ten hours on trains by myself with two changes when I was 14 and I was absolutely fine. remind them that you're an adult and its your decision, don't let them ruin your future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devinely)
    You could get a student grant? Those tend to include money for living expenses.

May I ask if your male or female? I've noticed that parents tend to be more wary of letting girls travel long distances than they are for boys.

On another note though, if you're taking public transport to and from the uni, then I don't see what the problem is to much. It's not like they would be the ones taking you everyday.
    I'm a girl..yes..ive told them that i wud be the one taking responsibility..but they still dont undrstand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calicocollie)
    wait how old are you? like seriously I travelled about ten hours on trains by myself with two changes when I was 14 and I was absolutely fine. remind them that you're an adult and its your decision, don't let them ruin your future
    I'm 18y/o..Yeah its really stupid but my parents don't think so.
    But im curious why did u travel for 10hrs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamako2410)
    I'm 18y/o..Yeah its really stupid but my parents don't think so.
    But im curious why did u travel for 10hrs
    I was going from my dads in south England to my mums in north Scotland I have a friend who's 17 and not allowed to walk the dog by herself so you aren't the only one!

ReputationRep:
    Mess up your interview if you definitely don't want to go to that university so you don't get an offer. Your parents can't make you go to a university you have no offer for

Honestly show your parents this thread so they can see that everyone on here thinks your parents are complete idiots. it's your life, your degree and your debt it is not remotely their place to be telling you an adult what to do with your future.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.