Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm really confused about student finance
    I haven't lived at home with my parents for two years but there's no evidence as I moved in with a friend and there was not anything official involved with that. Her mum briefly received child tax benefits whilst I was still in college though. I financially support myself and have for the last year.
    So the issue is I have no supporting evidence student finance asks for and I'm really stressing about applying and what I need to do.
    Does anyone know anything or have any advice??
    Sorry for the long one and thanks in advance

    Did you earn over 7k for 3 years? Are you over 25?

    You may need to go through their appeals process that the uni should be able to help with. I was in a similar situation and I won't lie, it was a bit of a nightmare.
    • Thread Starter

    I'm 19 (I'll be 20 when I start) but technically a dependent student. I finished college in 2014 and I did a year apprenticeship and have carried on working in the same place for a year after!

    What happened when you went through the process? Thanks for replying
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.