Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2016 Razzies announced- what were your worst film moments of 2015? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The night before the Oscars, the most prestigious awards ceremony honouring the best achievements in film of the year, a very different ceremony is held, with the Golden Raspberry Awards instead lambasting the worst movies of the year instead! This year the awards were occupied mostly by Fantastic 4, one of the largest superhero flops of all time, with 3 wins and the tenuously defined "romance" 50 Shades of Grey with 5 wins, with both films sharing the Worst Picture award.

So, what were your worst films of 2015? Fantastic 4 was definitely up there for me, with that budget and that cast there was absolutely no reason a film should have turned out that badly- easily one of the biggest disappointments of the year considering how good comic book films have become. Other awful films I saw were Jupiter Ascending (Eddie Redmayne now has the distinction of winning a Golden Raspberry for acting the year after he won an Oscar for acting), Transporter Refuelled and Hitman Agent 47 (but then again nobody expected those to be good), and, possibly my worst film of the year, Big Game (You may be the biggest film ever made by a Norwegian film studio, you may have got Samuel L Jackson, but your movie still freaking sucks).

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Fifty Shades of Grey. Granted, the film wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it certainly wasn't good.

I haven't seen any of the other Razzie nominated films, but I would actually quite like to see Jupiter Ascending. I like sci-fi/space opera films, and glossy special effects are my guilty pleasure - if they're done well, I can usually forgive a weak plot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Has to be Fifty Shades of Grey. Granted, the film wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it certainly wasn't good.

I haven't seen any of the other Razzie nominated films, but I would actually quite like to see Jupiter Ascending. I like sci-fi/space opera films, and glossy special effects are my guilty pleasure - if they're done well, I can usually forgive a weak plot.
    "Weak plot" is putting it nicely! However if you're a sucker for special effects to the extent that you can forgive a less than stellar movie otherwise, give it a watch- it's a mess, but a beautiful mess.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Jurassic World. Will put reasons later.

(Original post by connieiscrazy)

Jupiter was just boring. From my memory (of more than a year ago) it wasn't like the acting was bad but the film itself was just boring. I sat in the cinema like: yep.

ReputationRep:
    Blackhat was a huge disappointment, considering how many amazing films Michael Mann has made in the past. Jupiter Ascending was awful and a completely forgettable waste of 2 hours. But without a doubt the worst film of 2015 has to be Fantastic Four - bland, boring and painstaking to watch. It was ashamed to be a superhero film.

On the other hand, some films that flopped badly actually turned out to be quite enjoyable for me. I thought Pan and Mortdecai were both quite good.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Eddie Redmayne's role in Jupiter Ascending was particularly gruesome and cringe-worthy, made all the worse because he was so exceptionally good and talented in Theory of Everything and The Danish Girl.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.