Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done this course?
    I really like the sound of it but haven't done A level Maths. Would I struggle with it?
    How quantitative is the subject?

Any help appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year. So far, not quantitative at all. The maths involved are just simple calculations, at most GCSE standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    I'm in my first year. So far, not quantitative at all. The maths involved are just simple calculations, at most GCSE standards.
    Okay sounds good. GCSE was a breeze so hopefully will be ok?

How are you finding the course and uni in general?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

I am doing this course and I'm currently on my first year. There is a module called Quantitative Methods A for semester 1 if you haven't done the A level of maths which is basic mathematics, and compulsory module Quantitative Methods B for semester 2 which has more statistics than maths. I find the modules of the course so far pretty broad, with a certain amount of difficulty but overall they are interesting and very useful to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentmy)
    Hey there

I am doing this course and I'm currently on my first year. There is a module called Quantitative Methods A for semester 1 if you haven't done the A level of maths which is basic mathematics, and compulsory module Quantitative Methods B for semester 2 which has more statistics than maths. I find the modules of the course so far pretty broad, with a certain amount of difficulty but overall they are interesting and very useful to know.
    Sounds like i'll be good then. How you finding the course so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentmy)
    Hey there

Do I need to gain 60% over the three years to gain exemptions or in first year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.