The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham vs Southampton uni?

Hey guys :smile: I've received offers from both Southampton and Nottingham and they are my top choices but I am completely confused in which to pick, and I have to pick soon as accommodation for Nottingham becomes available on tuesday and its first come first serve :s-smilie:

Has anyone got any input as to which is better in terms of things to do on campus, friendliness of people, general atmosphere etc? Even if you can only answer for Nottingham as I get this is the Nottingham thread

I'm going to studying geography and I have an unconditional for Nottingham and AAB for Southampton
Reply 1
I'm afraid I can't offer much help but thought I'd just say I'm in the exact same position, trying to decide between the two but for maths instead. The accommodation puts quite a bit of pressure on it!

I have a friend studying at Notts who absolutely loves it though, she says it is in a fantastic city with a great atmosphere and she has made brilliant friends -It has been the best year of her life.

Personally I think Nottingham has the nicer campus and student city but Southampton the better accommodation options as well as good transport facilities (eg a coach station on campus for getting into London and a free bus pass in first year).

Hopefully someone else will be able to comment and give some better guidance :s-smilie:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Bekah22
I'm afraid I can't offer much help but thought I'd just say I'm in the exact same position, trying to decide between the two but for maths instead. The accommodation puts quite a bit of pressure on it!

I have a friend studying at Notts who absolutely loves it though, she says it is in a fantastic city with a great atmosphere and she has made brilliant friends -It has been the best year of her life.

Personally I think Nottingham has the nicer campus and student city but Southampton the better accommodation options as well as good transport facilities (eg a coach station on campus for getting into London and a free bus pass in first year).

Hopefully someone else will be able to comment and give some better guidance :s-smilie:

It's so annoying how they do the accommodation, I'm really not ready to decide this yet! :s-smilie:

Yeah I agree, the Nottingham campus is definitely the nicest, I love how open and green it is, it seems like a great place to study. I also feel the same about the accommodation at southampton though, it seemed quite a lot nicer than the Nottingham ones, especially as I would want to go self-catered so if I went to Nottingham I'd have to be slightly off campus, I can't really tell if that is a problem.

I've been thinking it over and I think I'm going to go with Nottingham, although I'd still like to hear peoples opinions as I'm not completely sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending