The Student Room Group

Don't know whether to take the risk and ask him out or keep my dignity and leaves it

I don't know whether to ask my work collegue on a date. We are both gay guys. We have worked together for a year and 9 months. At first I was attracted to him but then again, there's a lot of guys I find attractive so never thought much of it. In fact, there was another guy at work who I thought was much hotter.However, over a few months his personality just captivated me. I started looking Forward to going into work in the morning and was sad at the end of the week. I never knew why. I started missing him when he was on annual leave and after about a year of spending 9 hours a day Monday-Friday with this guy I realised I was completely in love with him. I never wanted to be. I was happy to sleep around and settle down a few years later but he ruined all that! Now while normally I would simply ask a guy on a date if I liked him, I couldn't as we work together, in a professional role and if he were to say no this would cause a lot of awkwardness and also sadness For me to the point where I really wouldn't be able to work with him anymore. So 9 months down the line I still haven't asked him out. I spend a lot of my time thinking about him no matter how hard I tell myself not too.Last month he told everyone he was leaving as he had been offered a job right next to his home. It's not far way but under a different council. I wasn't too upset as being around him every day is driving me insane. I just don't know whether to take things further or just leave it.Funny thing is I have never given him any indication that I like him. If anything he has been more flirty and makes no secret of the fact he finds me attractive physically. But deep down I just haven't had any devise car he wants to date me. Yes he finds me attractive, but that doesn't mean he wants anything more. He has had ample opportunity to send me a text and ask me to meet up but never has. He has never made any moves to spend any time together outside work. But then again neither have I and I would give anything to be more than work collegues. I just can't move on until I know if he likes me or not. If he doesn't then I can't start that process.Am I better leaving it? I have a work party tonight I might ask him then. But I'm so scared of the consequences if he says no. Maybe it's best to leave it.
Go to a club the night before. If nothing bites there have a go with this chap.
You know he finds you attractive, and you find him attractive. You might as well just go for it, the worst he can say is no. Even if people at work say anything, it'll die down in a few days. Good luck :smile:
well if hes leaving anyway make a move on the last night, invite him out for a "goodbye send off" or get his number saying you want to keep in touch and flirt over text with him
Reply 4
Well I never had to pluck up the courage to ask him on a date. He beat me to it! I just told him I would miss seeing him around each day and he said if I was willing to see him next week I wouldn't have to miss him!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending