The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Spanish 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by кяя
Anyone else going into this exam cold? No prep done at all... too much maths to revise :frown: but my level of Spanish was great a month ago so I hope I'll be good

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sharing this struggle :'(
Has anyone been given a structure to follow when writing the essay?
I've sort of made up my own and do:

Broad theme
Technique the director uses (eg. Script or Soundtrack ect.)
Scene this can be seen in
Then link it back to the question

Truth is I really have no idea what I'm doing!
Original post by yoMilkSheikh
Is it me or has anyone done the specimen paper and found it suuuuper hard compared to the normal exams?

Yeah I did it! My teacher said to ignore the scores because it isn't a very good paper and the actual past papers done are a better reflection of your ability :smile:
Anybody got any predictions for potential essay questions for Q12 (the hispanic novels one)?
Original post by nopzor
Day before exam revision expert here. I've honestly gone through exams with this technique so far, and none of them went badly (below a B I think). I'm still thinking whether I should bother revising for spanish, as I have Core 3 from maths on Tuesday which I'm more worried about.
Also, anyone doing Lorca for their essay? :biggrin:

I'm doing Lorca! I didn't want to do the film because I'm also an English Lit student so analysing a text is more up my street. Gonna do Bodas de Sangre wbu?
Anyone else feel like they've forgotten basic Spanish lel fml
Original post by queenaabb
Omg no ahaha that would be hell, but my friends were complaining about it. What course did you apply for?

European Studies, Spanish and Russian, you?
I feel like the listening and reading will be good but those translations from Spanish to English...
I am normally very good at grammar because I do English lang. but it seems I forget how to make sense when I do those translations.
I also think my oral went badly so my chances of getting an A are low unless I get 35+ on the essay, which could happen, I suppose.

Anyway, I am of course shouting into an abyss on TSR instead of doing any constructive revision. Smart move
Does anyone know any "sophisticated" Spanish words?
Does anyone have the Specimen paper because I've done all the other papers I could find except this one?
Original post by Natasha1068
Does anyone have the Specimen paper because I've done all the other papers I could find except this one?

http://www.lisabeta.co.uk/uploads/1/5/6/6/15665070/aqa_a2_reading_listening_wrinting.pdf

Here you are. But do it at your own peril because it is on a different level to the real exam papers...
Anyone out there doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba? Any predictions? I honestly hate those essays with a passion...
http://www.lisabeta.co.uk/uploads/1/5/6/6/15665070/aqa_a2_reading_listening_wrinting.pdf

Here you are. But do it at your own peril because it is on a different level to the real exam papers...

I did this paper! It was so bad lool

Thank you!

Do you have the markscheme to this?
Original post by Historycray
Anyone out there doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba? Any predictions? I honestly hate those essays with a passion...

I'm doing Bodas de sangre but I think the play questions might be on key ideas (at least, this is what I'm hoping for), maybe techniques as it hasn't come up for a good few years and others have suggested analysis of a certain scene but fingers crossed it's nice!
Original post by violinstrings97
I'm doing Bodas de sangre but I think the play questions might be on key ideas (at least, this is what I'm hoping for), maybe techniques as it hasn't come up for a good few years and others have suggested analysis of a certain scene but fingers crossed it's nice!

Aww I was dreading you'd say that haha! What ideas tend to come up in Bodas de Sangre... Im okay with techniques but really struggle to show a difference between themes and ideas! It seems to be something they like doing as a curveball -.- Thanks though!

P.S. With the question "Tiene valor hoy", what kind of things would you look at in your play aswell?
Original post by Historycray
Aww I was dreading you'd say that haha! What ideas tend to come up in Bodas de Sangre... Im okay with techniques but really struggle to show a difference between themes and ideas! It seems to be something they like doing as a curveball -.- Thanks though!

P.S. With the question "Tiene valor hoy", what kind of things would you look at in your play aswell?

With getting the difference between themes and ideas, I always try to think of it as "okay, what's his main idea about this topic?" So for instance the themes I always write about are the power of nature (Lorca's idea being there is no God but nature is the determining force in destiny); family honour (I decided Lorca had negative ideas about family honour in that it creates pressure and weighs down on the children and their parents) and the role of women in society (his idea here being about all the different types and complexities of women).

With regards to "tiene valor hoy" I always link this back to his ideas (and therefore his messages - especially women and honour) and then also the technical impact of Lorca which has continually influenced Spanish theatre.

Hope that helps!
Reply 178
Does anyone know how I can improve my translations? My level of spanish is ok but i can never seem to get more than 12/20. Also when translating from english to spanish do we need to include articles?
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Do you have the markscheme to this?

My friend had it somewhere but I can't seem to get it off her at the moment! Sorry! In my honest opinion, I recommend just going for the translations and thats it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending