English Literature Watch

Joseph_1028
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im doing english literature igcse with edexcel in the summer and am studying mice and men and Inspector calls however my teacher hasnt gone through the books in much detail and am wondering how i am going to revise them
mslack1306
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Our teacher is pretty much the exact opposite, we've been analyzing both the books for ages:laugh:
We've gone through each book in class and underlined all the key quotes and made a tonne of annotations relating to the themes and everything, I find that really helpful. There's loads of key quote banks on the internet for both books on things like GCSE Bitesize and yorknotes/oxnotes. For the exam knowing the key quotes is important and their rough place in the acts are important for saving time.
Your best bet to be honest, if your teacher is really not that detailed, are the revision guides like the ones you can get for sciences (CGP I think the company is). They go through all the historical background, themes, characters etc. all of which are key for getting all the Assessment Objectives.
Obviously practice papers and answers are advisable, just for getting the hang of writing your answers.

I find this English Literature the easiest, knowing the quotes and main themes are the key things really!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.61%
The paper was reasonable (1164)
54.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (460)
21.57%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.25%

Watched Threads