Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do I always get so easily attached to guys. watch

It's a very long story but i'll try to make it shorter. Known a guy for nearly 2 months, liked him and about a month ago he told me (and had told other people) he liked me too and would have liked to go out with me but leaving the country in 4 months so doesn't want long-distance relationship. We were drunk and ended up sleeping together which we shouldn't have.
    Talked about it the next day and he said he didn't regret it but that it wasn't the best idea, I agreed. Told me again he preferred to be honest about the relationship thing and didn't want to get into another long-distance after his last one with his ex ended badly.
    Said he really wanted to be friends- that was 3 weeks ago-we've been talking a lot since then about general stuff, had the impression that it started to be me messaging him more and more and him being distant- making excuses like he hadn't seen my msg, his phone was broken, he had no money etc.
    Told me he had been distant but it was because he'd had loads of personal problems. Haven't been able to get over him so told him I need to try and keep a bit of distance and he understood. I have not messaged him since.
    I really like him so much, is it just that he doesn't like me enough? The long-distance would be UK and France. Do you think he's trying to keep a distance from me, even though he says he isn't? Have I been too OTT? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You can get attached to me if you like.

Basically after I slept with him I became very attached I suppose; kept messaging him and stuff ( I mean at the start he seemed very interested in talking to , and sometimes it was him who messaged me first) but now he's taking longer and longer to reply, saying sorry he hasn't seen my msg, etc. Do you think he regrets sleeping with me? Before we slept together we literally spent a fortnight talking non-stop about all kinds of films,music etc. and there was a lot of chemistry. When I'd see him he'd been very shy and nervous and everyone said he liked me but was just shy...

ReputationRep:
    i know how you feel . i get attached easily too in relationships. its good that your away from him bc you need space from him to et over him

Yeah Do you think it's 100% dead then for me and him? My feelings haven't changed one bit over the last 3 weeks sadly, I'm not sure I could ever just be friends with him without wishing it could be something more Do you think he actually does like me a lot or just wanted to sleep with me? :s

bump

anyone, please?

ReputationRep:
    I think to get over him you just need to get back out there and find another guy. I find this helps me if I think I'm getting too attached to someone and it's not a good idea.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.